We are looking for an associate research scientist for the Sequencing lab. This position will be focusing on high throughput DNA sequencing workflow during the gene synthesis process.
1. Daily operation of equipment, materials and process to ensure stable and orderly daily production;
2. Thorough knowledge of Sanger Sequencing workflow, preparing DNA sequencing samples by organizing and setting up sequencing reactions, schedule sequencing runs on DNA analyzers; Next Generation Sequencing (NGS) experience.
3. Optimize and perform cleanup of sequencing reactions, operations knowledge of automated liquid handlers;
4. Evaluate sequencing run results, and coordinate with data analysis group;
5. Improve quality standards in sequence data generation, and lead key projects to continuously optimize sequencing workflow;
6. Perform instrument calibrations and regular maintenance including (but not necessarily limited to) DNA analyzers; Troubleshoot instrument performance issues and make recommendations and/ or adjustments to improve work efficiency;
7. Execute SOP through training and supervision. Continuously optimize SOP to improve operational efficiency;
8. Keep abreast with the latest advancements in sequencing technologies, develop new protocols for streamlined as well as to handle complex workflow, and make suggestions;
9. Complete other tasks assigned by manager.
• Master degree in molecular biology related field with a minimum 1 year of independent hands on lab experience or Bachelor degree in molecular biology related field with a minimum 2 years of independent hands on lab experience
• Hands on experience in DNA Sequencing platform (Sanger and preferably NGS), analyzing DNA materials, sequencing workflow management, and data analysis
• Must have good understanding in the quantification and qualification methods of plasmid DNA, including spectrophotometric analysis, and electrophoresis
• Must be experienced working in a high throughput manufacturing environment, and flexible to modifications in work environment
• Strong communication and coordination skills, and good resistance to stress
• Experience with automation tools is preferred
• Have a strong sense of work responsibility and cost awareness. Actively innovate and result driven