Grand River Navigation Company is the U.S. operating subsidiary of Rand Logistics Corporation. Together with our Canadian sister company, Lower Lakes Towing Ltd., we are one of the largest marine transportation service providers operating on the Great Lakes today. With a combined fleet of 15 bulk freight vessels, we service over 50 customers across the Great Lakes and St. Lawrence Seaway.
Our Company has openings for the position of Deckhand aboard our US flagged self-unloading vessels. We are looking to hire for mid March - Fit-Out and start of our 2023 sailing season!
- Following safe work procedures
- Assist with loading and unloading of cargo during operations
- Perform duties in port such as line handling wire cable
- Follow instruction from 1st Mate on various tasks such as cleaning and maintenance
- Other duties as assigned
Why Choose Grand River Navigation?
- As an employee you are part of the Rand Logistics family
- Highly competitive wages and benefits
- The best leave system in the industry
- We pay for your travel to and from the vessel
- Excellent Health and Retirement Benefits
- Excellent safety record
Job Type: Permanent
- Passport and allowed entry into the Canada
- Merchant Mariner Credential (MMC) issued by the USCG
- Transportation Worker Identification (TWIC) issued by TSA
- Excellent communication and team work skills as well as the ability to multi-task
- Positive Attitude
- Integrity & Respect