Nickol Global Solutions (NGS) is seeking Administrative and Operations Assistants to support the Office of Transition Initiatives (OTI) within the Bureau for Conflict Prevention and Stabilization (CPS) at the U.S. Agency for International Development under the OTI institutional support contract. As part of USAID, OTI supports U.S. foreign policy objectives by helping local partners advance peace and democracy. OTI provides fast, flexible, short-term assistance targeted at key political transition and stabilization needs. Reporting to the Task Order Program Manager, the Administrative and Operations Assistant will provide critical operational support to OTI across a variety of administrative areas related to the accurate and timely administration of the support contract to providing administrative support on an as needed basis to senior members of the OTI leadership. The position is dynamic and may be asked to respond to changing office priorities on short notice and for limited durations. This position will require in-office support. The timing and frequency of the in-office support will be determined by the needs, policies, and planning of the client office and agency.
This position requires a Bachelor’s degree and two (2) to three (3) years of relevant work experience. This is a full-time position based in the DC metro region. The Administrative and Operations Assistant must be a U.S. citizen with the ability to pass a background check and obtain and maintain the necessary facility and employee security clearance at the Secret level. Candidates with an active security clearance are preferred. Recruitment will be done on a rolling basis for this position.
The Administrative and Operations Assistant will have the overall responsibility for:
- Provides advice and guidance to managers and employees on questions and matters related to the administrative services provided.
- Maintains and updates electronic and hard copy tracking documents ensuring accuracy and timeliness of data in relation to supporting the management of the contract of OTI divisions.
- Assembles and prepares charts, data, and reports ensuring accuracy of information.
- Front desk reception, including greeting office suite visitors, answering incoming calls, receiving and distributing mail, ordering supplies, and managing incoming and outgoing deliveries.
- Maintain calendar and schedule for conference rooms and flex workstations.
- Coordinate conferences, meetings, and interviews held in the suite (meet guests, set up AV equipment and phones, rearrange tables/chairs with organizers’ help, and ensure participants leave the room tidy and ready for use. As necessary seek client feedback to determine priority when meeting schedules conflict.
- Assist with basic IT support for the office suite, especially for guests using the suite, including network connectivity, programming badges to access the suite, telecommunications, copiers, printers, AV-equipment, password and phone system resets, etc.
- Ensures that the office suite has the necessary supplies and equipment to function smoothly as a professional office and meeting space. Manage office issues related to returning to the office following and extended absence.
- Order supplies and manage vendor contracts supporting the office. Use market research to support procurements of recurring or unique items that offer the best value and fair and reasonable pricing.
- As required, provide executive support to OTI Leadership including managing multiple and complex calendars for meetings, reserving meeting spaces, responding to phone/email requests, preparing agendas and materials for use in meetings/discussions and monitoring incoming correspondence for upcoming deadlines or items requiring immediate attention, attending meetings to take notes and/or log actions, and providing other logistical support.
- As required, provide support for special projects including Office, Bureau, and Agency initiatives that directly impact the Office’s operational and program capacity.
- As required, provide administrative support including general email correspondence, task initiation and follow up, data entry, composing documents, proofreading, formatting, filing, scanning, and other administrative requirements.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Two (2) to three (3) years of administrative management operations experience in a business or government setting.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite, Google Suite, Adobe, and basic software packages.
- Bachelor’s degree in any field
- Current Secret security clearance
- Experience implementing, managing communications, documents, scheduling, and providing administrative support duties in a large organization.
- Familiarity with U.S. government regulations, especially procurement regulations or inventor practices are preferred.
Nickol Global Solutions (NGS) provides a wide range of management consulting and advisory services designed to fortify stakeholder capacity and effectiveness, including in public institutions, civil society organizations, and private sector firms. In the U.S. and overseas, NGS helps public and private sector clients assess and develop capacity; optimize performance and quality objectives; enhance transparency and accountability; measure success; and communicate about their work—all with the aim of advancing development objectives even in the most complex operating environments. For more information, please visit https://www.nickolglobal.com/
NGS is an equal opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and does not discriminate in its selection and employment practices. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, age, or other legally protected characteristics. Military veterans, AmeriCorps, Peace Corps, and other national service alumni are encouraged to apply.