The Information Technology team is responsible for ensuring all Nanotrons have access to critical information technology services. As an IT Systems Administrator, you'll install, configure, test, troubleshoot and maintain hardware (like servers and its components) and server software. You'll also take on the configuration of more complex components such as networks, routers, hubs, bridges, switches, and networking protocols. You'll participate in or lead small project teams on larger installations and develop project contingency plans.
In this role, you will have duties that range from the physical deployment of data center-related technology to working closely with various stakeholders. You will ensure our goals, missions, and projects are successfully delivered and that they are repeatable.
Salary Range: $104-157k per year
A Note About Salary Ranges: Nanotronics is committed to hiring both rising and advanced talent. We are a creative and flexible organization, with niche needs, so early-career potential can sometimes be as important as senior-level experience. Therefore, our broad salary ranges are meant to encourage applicants from a wide range of experience levels to apply.
Education and Experience
- BA/BS degree or equivalent experience
- 5 years of IT Operations, Deployment and Troubleshooting experience including Windows, Linux, Networking, Automation and Applications
- MCSA, MCSE, CCNA certifications
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Experience with IT change management best practices
- Experience of improving procedures through service redesign via automation or process elimination
- Experience working with and troubleshooting hardware or network related issues
- Experience proactively finding problems and ideating on how to solve these problems
- Experience in project management and leadership
- Ability to collaborate and partner with people and teams to overcome challenges
- Ability to manage competing and changing priorities
- Experience with enterprise IT and networking infrastructure
- Experience troubleshooting networking issues
- Experience in maintenance and monitoring of server systems
- Experience with operating systems and networking protocols
- Provide first/second line support for all compute, storage, and networking issues.
- Scale systems sustainably through mechanisms like automation, and evolve systems by pushing for changes that improve reliability, continuity, and efficiency.
- Set up alerting, reports, and dashboards for monitoring overall system health.
- Focus on proactively finding problems within our IT systems and ideating on how to solve these problems.
- Eliminate repetitive tasks by automating complex system administration tasks by using coding, scripting, or systems engineering skills. (e.g. automate patch management and build systems).
- Troubleshoot, debug, triage, and fix technical issues. Conduct root-cause analysis, isolate source of problems, and resolve bugs.
- Participate in complex troubleshooting and resolve critical or escalated technical issues.
- Test and troubleshoot new server hardware components and designs.
- Configure and troubleshoot Windows and Linux OS-related issues on servers.
- Deploy and maintain Server and Network Infrastructure.
What We Offer:
- Catered lunches every Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday
- Company stock options
- Comprehensive health benefits package, including free dental, vision, short- and long-term disability and life insurance for you
- 401(k) match
- Bright Horizons child/elder care benefits
- Employer HSA contribution
- Possible eligibility for city and state tax exemption under the START-UP NY program
- Casual work environment
- Direct exposure to C-level management
- Interesting and challenging projects that truly make an impact at the company
- Entrepreneurial spirit to grow, learn and thrive
Please apply here. After submitting your application, our review process will begin with a review of your resume. If you meet or exceed the education, experience and required skills above, or demonstrate an equivalent to these things, you will be invited to participate in a phone interview, potentially followed by interviews with the hiring team, after which a decision about hiring will be made.
What is Nanotronics?
Nanotronics is an advanced machines and intelligence company that helps customers across the public, private, and nonprofit sectors solve for the unique inspection and process control challenges of precision manufacturing. A leading developer of optical inspection tools for the semiconductor industry, Nanotronics uses hardware and software to provide industrial-scale factory control solutions. Deployed across fifteen countries and industry agnostic, Nanotronics works with leading-edge companies, from aerospace, to electronics, to healthcare, to drive up yield, reduce footprint and waste, lower costs, and speed up design iteration, while eliminating laborious manual inspections.
We are an intellectually curious group of motivated and passionate innovators, bringing together the brightest minds in physics, optics, robotics, artificial intelligence, and software engineering as we work to lay the foundation for the 4th Industrial Revolution.
Armed with visionary leadership and strong financial backing, we foster an environment of both entrepreneurship and accountability.
COVID-19 Vaccination Policy
The essential functions of all positions at Nanotronics include a physical presence in the workplace, including but not limited to, in-person interactions with other employees, customers, and the community. Therefore, in accordance with Nanotronics’ duty to safeguard the health of our current employees and new hires, their families, our customers and visitors, our business and the community at large from COVID-19, all employees are required to present proof of vaccination and new hires must present proof of vaccination prior to their first day as a condition of employment. This policy will comply with all applicable laws and is based on guidance from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (EEOC), and is designed to comply with all applicable federal, state, and local laws.
Why We Work In The Office
Our culture is built on innovation, quality and collaboration. We believe that working together and among other departments in person supports a sense of community, connection and belonging. So much of our communication as individuals is nonverbal—easier to discern and appreciate when we’re physically together. This synchrony not only gives us the power to innovate, but it helps us foster empathy, learning, and engagement. We want you to be a part of impromptu ideas dreamed and decisions made as people cross paths; to be in the right place at the right time to contribute your perspective; to look around and take pride in the diverse group of people with whom you work; to be seen by others when you’re recognized for a job well-done; and to look around, see things and help us build the best products and workplace we can. Our fast-paced environment pivots quickly, and we don’t want you to miss a thing.
You’ll Make a Great Nanotron If
- You are passionate about science, engineering, technology, and AI
- You are looking for a challenge
- You collaborate well with others
- You are intellectually curious, eager to learn, and excited to contribute
Visit our press page to learn more.
Nanotronics is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. We prohibit discrimination and harassment of any kind based on race, color, sex, religion, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, genetic information, pregnancy, or any other protected characteristic as outlined by federal, state, or local laws. This policy applies to all employment practices within our organization. Nanotronics makes hiring decisions based solely on qualifications, merit, and business needs at the time.