Do you have the passion to join a group whose mission is to pioneer the discovery of a new class of medicines to treat diseases unaddressed by today’s therapies? Does it excite you to be a part of a company with a platform that can address any disease area with high unmet medical need? If yes, you may be a great fit to join Arrakis on our path to bring powerful new RNA-targeted small molecule (rSM) medicines to millions of patients.
Your Impact at Arrakis
The mission of Arrakis Therapeutics is to extend small molecule medicines into new realms of biology by discovering and developing compounds that selectively target RNA. By targeting distinct RNA structure: function relationships, Arrakis aims to generate drug candidates with novel mechanisms of action for molecular targets that are challenging to drug with other approaches, opening up vast new realms of human biology for medicine.
The successful individual is a team player who possesses a sense of personal warmth that is welcoming and comfortable and is able to build trust and credibility with visitors and team members. This person must be exceedingly well organized, flexible, and enjoy the challenges of supporting an office of diverse people.
Key tasks and responsibilities include, but are not limited to
- Perform direct binding studies like SPR , DSF or ITC to characterize small molecule interactions with RNA targets in order to drive drug discovery programs.
- Design and develop biochemical/biophysical assays to study small molecule-RNA interactions.
- Function independently to design, conduct and analyze experimental data.
- Generate consistent, high-quality data analysis and demonstrate the ability to troubleshoot.
- Work effectively in a cross-functional capacity with the RNA biology, RNA biochemistry, bioinformatics, assay development, and chemistry teams to deliver high-quality results in an efficient manner.
- Record, communicate, and present experimental outcomes effectively across the organization.
- Ph.D. in Biochemistry, Biophysics, Molecular Biology, or equivalent, with 0-5 years of postdoctoral experience, industry experience a plus; Master’s with 6+ years of industry experience; or Bachelor’s with 8+ years of industry experience.
- Strong background in biophysics and assay development.
- Hands-on experience in direct binding studies like SPR, DSF, or ITC.
- Experience in enzymology and enzyme assay development preferred.
- Familiarity with various biochemical techniques including FP, FRET, luminescence, UV/VIS.
- Proven track record of scientific innovation, as demonstrated by peer reviewed publications and/or patents.
- Proactive and efficient to enable high-quality results while fostering a positive work environment.
- Exhibits passion and excitement over work. Has a can-do attitude without losing objectivity.
- Adjusts quickly to changing priorities and conditions and copes effectively with complexity and change.
Interested in learning more about Arrakis? Click on the links below!
Arrakis/Amgen Partnership (Jan. 2022)
Arrakis/Roche Alliance Partnership (Apr. 2021)
Dark Matter Blog: Arrakis achieves escape velocity
Dark Matter Blog: Following our pole star
Arrakis is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin or ancestry, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, military service, veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.