STOKED ON HENHOUSE BREWING!
HenHouse was founded in 2011 in Sonoma County. Our purpose is to produce an amazing and rotating line up of awesome beers with an uncompromising and fearless pursuit of our goals; which are creating new and interesting types of delicious beers with freshness and quality in the forefront, creating meaningful and living wage positions, and to make a difference in our community. Our talented team is committed to making, selling, delivering and serving beer with this intention and purpose in mind.
JOB TITLE: Dishwasher
LOCATION: Fairfax, CA
REPORTS TO: Head Chef
FLSA STATUS: Full-Time or Part-Time/Non-Exempt
The Dishwasher position performs a variety of janitorial duties and maintains cleanliness of assigned areas. Thoroughly cleans and sanitizes all dishes, glassware, utensils and pots and performs other routine cleaning of equipment and the restaurant.
PRIMARY SCOPE OF RESPONSIBILITIES
This is not an exhaustive list of all job functions. All employees are to maintain a positive work atmosphere by acting and communicating in a respectful manner. Within the HenHouse team, our members always find ways to look after the business, their co-workers, and the beer!
- Understand all company policies, procedures, standards, specifications, and guidelines.
- Must arrive on time, in uniform, and ready to work for each shift.
- Set up and prepare a dish machine for proper operation.
- Thoroughly wash and sanitize all soiled dishes, glassware, utensils, pots, pans, and bus tubs.
- Restock all dishes, glassware, utensils, pots and pans that have been cleaned to their appropriate storage area
- Maintain a safe and clean work area at all times, keeping walkways clear and floors dry.
- Works as a part of the team, filling in where needed to ensure efficient operations. .
- Cleans and sanitizes all garbage cans and bus tubs daily.
- Removes and cleans the floor mats prior to cleaning kitchen floors daily.
- Cleaning and maintenance of all equipment, storage areas, walk-ins and restaurants as directed.
- Break down, clean and sanitize the dish machine at the end of a shift.
- Must be able to handle high-volume of production during lunch and dinner rushes.
- Communicates with management all product shortages or broken equipment.
- Complies with all federal, state, city, county and municipal food safety regulations.
- Any additional duties or special projects as requested by management.
Schedule: Wednesday through Sunday, weekdays and weekend nights
- At least 1 year of restaurant kitchen experience.
- Must be able to speak, read, write, and understand the primary language(s) used in the workplace
- Bilingual skills a plus
- Knowledge of basic sanitary practices and basic dish machine operations.
- Demonstrates teamwork, is flexible, and has the maturity to respond positively to change.
- Must be able to work in a standing position for long periods of time (minimum of 8 hours a day)
- Must be able to reach, bend and frequently lift up to 50 pounds
- Proof of vaccination required for employment.
- Must demonstrate moderate computer and smartphone skills
- Google Suite proficiency, preferred
CA required food handler certification
The traditional methods of performing job functions for this position are reflected below. Reasonable accommodations may be made when such accommodations do not create an undue hardship.
- Must be of legal drinking age (21 years of age) due to exposure and manufacturing of alcohol on the premises
- Able to quickly move hand(s) for dishwashing; use of hand with arm, grasp, or assemble
- Ability to communicate in a clear, understandable speaking voice, capable of communicating vital business information to internal / external contacts. Accurate and clear vision and hearing
- Ability to remain standing for extended periods of time. Job duties of this position are primarily performed from a standing position with significant customer interaction
- Able to lift, carry, and/or move up to 30 pounds
- Ability to stand, walk, sit, reach with hands and arms; climb stairs; balance, kneel, talk and hear
Regularly: Stand; Walk; Sit; Use hands to finger, handle, or feel; Reach with hands and arms; Stoop, kneel, crouch; Talk or hear; Taste or smell;
Vision: No special vision requirements
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. This is a retail/bar atmosphere with outdoor weather conditions and a moderate to loud noise level.
JUSTICE, EQUALITY, DIVERSITY AND INCLUSIVITY (JEDI)
We strive to create workplaces that reflect the community we serve and where everyone feels empowered to bring their full, authentic selves to work. We believe that every person brings a unique perspective and experience which enriches and advances our mission to provide Meaningful Employment, Improved Beer Quality for the End Consumer and to Create Wealth for Our Community.