Position Description Customer Service Representative
Reports To: Sales Development Rep
FLSA Classification: Non-Exempt
No Visa Sponsorship available for this role
Function & Responsibility
MDC Precision is looking for a high-energy, customer support-focused, dynamic Sales Development Representative. This role will be responsible for servicing inbound sales and related inquiries with a focus on customer support, engaging, and qualifying all current and prospective customers. This role is one of the first touchpoints for prospects and has the opportunity to set the tone for the sales cycle following. Lam experience would be a huge PLUS.
· To answer sales and customer service calls from our customers in a timely and friendly manner.
· Advise customers on various aspects of the product line.
· Makes price quotations immediately by phone and email on price book items. Prepares forms for price quotations on items not contained in price book and forwards to clerk for preparation of quotations.
· Checks with the credit department concerning the credit status of the customer when rush orders are received.
· Follow up on inquiries regarding delivery information. Work closely with expeditor in production control regarding deliveries of scheduled shipments.
· Handles the needs of sales representatives and customers by area of the United States.
· Makes price quotations immediately by phone on price book items. Prepares forms for price quotations on items not contained in price book and forwards to clerk for preparation of quotations.
· Maintains files of active orders and posts activity such as change notices, scheduling changes, partial shipments, and credit changes.
· Act as initial contact in investigating and resolving when possible any issues that arise in the course of providing service.
· Input accurate information into the order system; ensuring all records and required information is retained on each customer’s account.
· To perform other job duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities Required
· Possess current and comprehensive skills and knowledge to perform all parts of the job efficiently and effectively.
· Good communication skills, both written and verbal.
· Excellent telephone skills including the ability to listen effectively to customers.
· Ability to apply tack and diplomacy to any given situation.
· Ability to help resolve and follow problems through to a satisfactory conclusion.
· Proficient in PC computer skills with the ability to use the company standard systems software.
· Ability to remain calm and work under pressure.
· Excellent sales skills with the ability to not make the customer feel pressured.
· Effectively utilizes time and resources.
· Works well in a fast-paced environment and has the ability to make quick decisions.
· Has the ability to interface positively with all levels of employees.
· Must be able to effectively communicate with all levels of personnel.
· High school diploma preferred; experience will substitute for education.
· At least 3-5 years of customer service experience handling the responsibilities outlined above.
· Typing skills and some knowledge of CRT necessary (40-50 wpm).
· Previous background should include knowledge of parts and nomenclature as well as demonstrated ability to deal with customers.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to walk and reach with hands and arms. Requires the individual to work at a desk on a computer for an extended period of time with periods of time in which they will have to move around the office for interaction with others. Requires interaction with others via the telephone and email for extended periods of time.
Requires light physical effort such as stopping and bending, and occasional lifting of lightweight objects (up to 25 pounds). The noise level in the work environment is low to moderate.
Job Type: Full-time