Now starting at $18/hr!
The Production Associate contributes to a specific step in the process of making and assembling our product. This may include operating various hand tools, handling and transferring of wood product, and/or preparing and tracking of product paperwork.
Jobs include but are not limited to:
- Parts Sanding
- Sealer Sander
- Blowoff Booth
- Stain Sprayer
- Drawer Final Assembly
- Stain Wipers
Duties and Responsibilities
- Follows all safety rules and contributes to a safe work environment.
- Follows established manufacturing procedures under assigned department which may include but is not limited to:
- Sands, putty’s and scrapes parts to specification
- Operates various hand and power tools
- Spray and wipe stain on and off of product
- Load or unload product
- Product Assembly
- Boxing Product
- Checks in parts, verifies count, quality and identification of all product that is produced in assigned area, prior to shipment to the next process.
- Participates and contributes to a Work Team environment and follows quality control checks.
- Contributes to meeting Bertch manufacturing schedule.
- Other duties may be assigned as necessary.
Required Education, Training or Experience
- No required education or job experience.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Ability to read measurement tools.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed written or oral instructions.
- Ability to lift, bend, push, pull, and move materials up to or exceeding 50 lbs.
- Ability to stand or walk an entire shift (can be 8-10 hours)
Employees must be able to cope with Iowa climates; endure heat and cold conditions in the building. Fast paced workloads and loud noise levels are normal. Paint fumes and exposure to chemicals associated may be present. Personal Protective Equipment as required by OSHA will be provided by the Company.