Now starting at $18/hr and up to a $3/hr retention bonus!
The Machine Operator 1 is responsible for operating machines in the assigned department.
List of Machines
- Table saw
- Chop saw
- CMD miter saw
- Fork Truck
- Rockwell shaper
- Olympic m80 bander
- Eclipse Bander
- Table saw
- Drill press
- Back cove
- Shaper Table router
- Balistrini Mortiser
- Kreg Drill
- S-50 Pistorius Saw
- Glue Clamp
- Straight Line Rip Saw
- Dovetail Manual
- NorthTech Planer
- Radial Arm Saw
- Lower Sander/Time Saver
Duties and Responsibilities
- Follows all safety rules and contributes to a safe work environment.
- Sets up and operates various machines and hand tools to fabricate and repair wooden cabinets, high grade furniture, countertops and mirrors.
- Checks in parts, verifies count, quality and identification of all product that is produced in assigned area, prior to shipment to the next process.
- Performs daily maintenance checks and notifies Manager or lead person if problems arise.
- Troubleshoots and performs preventative maintenance on machines.
- Participates and contributes to a work team environment and follows quality control checks.
- Contributes to meeting Bertch manufacturing schedule.
- Other duties may be assigned as necessary.
Required Education, Training or Experience
- No required education or job experience.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Ability to read measurement tools.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed written or oral instructions.
- Ability to lift, bend, push, pull, and move materials up to or exceeding 50 lbs.
- Ability to stand or walk an entire shift (can be 8-10 hours)
Employees must be able to cope with Iowa climates; endure heat and cold conditions in the building. Fast paced workloads and loud noise levels are normal. Paint fumes and exposure to chemicals associated may be present. Personal Protective Equipment as required by OSHA will be provided by the Company.
Finish Department Production Worker
- Understand and follow the basic safety and response procedures in the RCRA Contingency Plan. Additional on-the-job training will be provided as individuals gain job experience and demonstrate competence.
- Understand and follow the basic requirements for the proper handling and storage of workplace chemicals and hazardous waste.
- Ensure all containers have a legible product ID or Hazardous Waste label that describes the contents and a hazard warning label (ex. “flammable liquid”).
- Report missing or hard-to-read labels to the pump room operator or dep’t management.
- Ensure all containers are closed and sealed unless adding material to or removing material from them.
- Report damaged containers or containers that can no longer be closed/sealed to the pump room operator or dep’t management.
- Drain/wring out free liquids from used rags or paper wipes, collecting the liquid in a labeled hazardous waste container.
- Place used rags and/or paper wipes in labeled containers specified by management.
- When flushing lines on a spray gun, spray into a bucket designated for that purpose. Do not spray directly into booth filters.