Summary of Open Position
Silver Oak Cellars seeking chefs with fine-dining experience to join our Culinary Team at our Sonoma County and Napa County locations. We serve Michelin-inspired, Garden to Table cuisine paired with Silver Oak and Twomey wines. Ideal candidates should be committed to excellence, and passionate about cooking delicious food. As a variable hour chef, you can work a fixed weekly schedule or pick up random shifts throughout the month. We have flexible shift times and can work with your schedule.
· Work closely with the Executive Chef and Sous Chef to ensure the kitchen is running smoothly and efficiently.
· Participate in food preparation following accepted standards of quality.
· Establish priorities and work independently as well as working as part of the team.
· Skilled knife work.
· Willing to “pitch-in” in all kitchen areas, including dishwashing, cleaning, sweeping, and garbage disposal.
· Having a critical eye on cleanliness and sanitation habits. Key Areas of Kitchen cleanliness and organization include: Ensure all food is off the floor, covered and labeled, shelves are organized. Keep food and supply pantry organized and clean. Ensure hand sinks are clean, filled with soap & paper towels. Ensure sanitizer buckets are filled with sanitized water, towels and located throughout the kitchen. Keep floors swept and debris free.
· Culinary School Students highly desired.
· Professionals who are passionate about cooking excellent food.
· Must have a current CA Food Handlers Safety Certificate.
· Must be able to work flexible hours, including nights and weekends.
· Ability to drive between multiple winery locations for events.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to do the following:
· Able to stand for extended periods.
· Perform repetitive motions.
· Physically able to lift to 40 lbs.
· Busy and open office/kitchen atmosphere.
· Kitchen can be hot and slippery.
· Ability to work with regular distraction.