Now starting at $21.55!
Leads and supervises the daily operations of the shift.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Follows all safety rules and contributes to a safe work environment.
- Follows established manufacturing procedures under assigned department which may include but is not limited to:
- Makes sure all associates are doing their jobs correctly.
- Moves associates to areas that need help.
- Oversees the training of new associates.
- Initiates cross training for all associates.
- Responsible for variance reporting – reporting the positives and negatives of each shift and making the necessary adjustments to the negatives.
- Evaluates associates.
- Makes sure all requirements set by company are being followed.
- Participates and contributes to a Work Team environment and follows quality control checks.
- Contributes to meeting Bertch manufacturing schedule.
- Other duties may be assigned as necessary.
Required Education, Training or Experience
- Must be fully trained and able to perform the required job tasks in the assigned department.
- Minimum of 18 months of related experience is preferred.
- Directly supervises approximately 15-20 employees in the respective department.
- Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include: interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Ability to read measurement tools.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed written or oral instructions.
- Ability to lift, bend, push, pull, and move materials up to or exceeding 50 lbs.
- Ability to stand or walk an entire shift (can be 8-10 hours)
Employees must be able to cope with Iowa climates; endure heat and cold conditions in the building. Fast paced workloads and loud noise levels are normal. Paint fumes and exposure to chemicals associated may be present. Personal Protective Equipment as required by OSHA will be provided by the Company.