Purpose: To manage and execute the design and technical aspects of exhibition elements, ranging from fabrication to scenic design.
Location: This position is Santa Fe, NM based but is Flexible WFH/ Remote friendly.
Meow Wolf is a social impact art project that fuels a business, and a business that fuels a social impact art project. We create immersive and interactive experiences that transport audiences into fantastic realms of story and exploration.
The Senior Show Manager is a leader in a fast paced, creative environment responsible for leading the larger Show Management team in the management, oversight, monitoring, budgeting, scheduling and expediting the design development and execution of exhibition elements. These elements include artwork, fabricated elements, rock work, scenic design and facades, and set design/scenic interiors inside the exhibit. The Senior Show Manager is responsible for the management of multiple vendors and working internally across departments in all phases of a project.
The Senior Show Manager will work with the Show Managers and Senior Project Manager and Senior Creative Producer to consistently ensure that the project deliverables fall within the scope, schedule and budget for the project. A high level of detail in managing budgets, deadlines, and deliverables is required to successfully execute this role. Due to the high level of collaboration needed cross-departmentally, and with external vendors and partners, experience in managing teams of all sizes and ability to communicate clearly, professionally and effectively is required. This position requires an extremely capable and fast-paced individual who can not only maintain the current culture and processes but help develop and refine our systems as we scale. The right candidate loves creating new systems and structures and enjoys a challenge.
You will bring value and quality to Meow Wolf exhibitions thereby elevating the guest experience.
How you will do it…
- Manage design development, fabrication, installation, testing, permitting and on site implementation of all show elements within scope including art works, fabricated elements, rockwork, scenic facades, and scenic interiors, in coordination with art direction guides, code compliance, technical requirements, and permit specifications.
- Oversee Show Managers in collaboration with Senior Project Manager, providing solutions to challenges and blockers at the anchor space level.
- Manage all internal and external vendors working within scope area during the design development, shop drawings, production and installation phases, including sub-contractor coordination, architectural/engineering coordination, field art direction and sample programs for all show elements within scope.
- Develop detailed coordinated schedules for all show elements, identifying and managing critical path and resource issues, in coordination with Show Managers and Senior Project Manager.
- Lead production status and schedule reviews ensuring coordination with internal production departments, external vendors, and project teams.
- Oversee Show Managers and Show Coordinators in managing and monitoring all production expenses throughout design, fabrication, installation, art direction approvals and commissioning for projects.
- Manage the design, fabrication and materiality development process to accurately document all changes as they occur.
- Develop and refine scope of work, request for proposal, bid and award process for all rockwork, scenic facades, scenic interiors and other show elements within scope.
- Develop resource plans, estimates, and schedules for show elements in collaboration with project and departmental leadership.
To be successful in this role…
- You bring 7+ years design, production and project management experience required.
- 7+ Years field construction experience specific to set/scenic, creative architecture and the themed entertainment industry.
- You hold basic knowledge and experience with immersive group entertainment and/or art curation
- You have the ability to comprehend simple and complex instructions, professional correspondence, and memos.
- You are skilled in effectively presenting information in one-on-one and small group situations and to lead meetings.
- You are able to cultivate and maintain strong relationships with residents, vendors and all community departments.
- You bring experience creating, understanding, managing and adhering to the project budget.
- You hold excellent interpersonal skills, written and oral communication skills, organizational as well as creative thinking
- You possess thorough knowledge of creative process and deliverables
- You have the ability to understand the needs of the client and to manage relationships between the owner/operator.
Essential tools to set you up for success…
- You must possess an in-depth knowledge of core platforms and programs as they will be utilized on a daily basis:
- Google Suite
- Microsoft Office
- Gantt charts
- Air Table
- Preferred but not required:
Work environment & physical demands…
- This position is based in Santa Fe, NM, or remote friendly and a company laptop will be provided.
- This is a full-time position averaging 40 hours a week, Monday to Friday, 9 am to 5 pm MT or 10 am to 6 pm MT – occasionally requiring flexibility to work during evenings or weekends based on business needs.
- All employees will comply with company and OSHA standard workplace safety protocols. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
We will teach you the Meow Wolf way by…
- Taking a deep dive into departmental inner workings and reviewing project goals.
- Exploring Meow Wolf Origins.
- Attending Meow Wolf’s Immersiversity©.
- Reviewing Meow Wolf’s purpose and corporate policies and training.
- Forward thinking and creative in your approach to problem solving with the ability to identify process improvement opportunities?
- Experienced in managing processes or projects and driving change through positive influence?
- Adept at learning new platforms?
- Highly organized with meticulous attention to detail and the ability to prioritize multiple tasks while demonstrating excellent time management?
- Able to exhibit professional judgment and decision-making skills?
- Self-motivated, self-managing, adaptable to changing needs and taking on new tasks, and receptive to receiving direction?
- Patient with yourself and with others, and able to work collaboratively and thoughtfully with fellow human beings?
- Able to contribute to the overall happiness and health of the team and help keep the vibe alive?
If you answered ‘YES’ to all of the above, then what are you waiting for? APPLY MEOW!
JOIN MEOW WOLF
The organization is comprised of individuals who inspire creativity in people's lives through art and exploration, so that our combined imaginations can transform the world we live in. Every role is a vital component and thereby essential in creating exhibitions that will serve as anchors, borne in deep radical collaboration with local artists and communities, thus fueling our social impact initiatives. Each hire allows us to enhance our surrounding communities and the true source of our creativity, reputation, and vitality.
Meow Wolf is committed to our DIY roots and grassroots community support principles. To document that commitment, we converted our legal designation into a Delaware Public Benefit Corporation and have certified as a B Corporation. As a B Corp, we have a triple bottom line of supporting financial, social and environmental wellbeing in our community.
Our four areas of impact are:
· Respect for Creative Communities
· Respect for Collaborating Artists
· Respect for our Environment
· Respect for our Employees
The choices we make concerning our benefits during enrollment periods are among the most important we select for ourselves and our families. As part of the total compensation package for full-time employees, Meow Wolf offers a comprehensive benefits package that includes various options to meet individual healthcare and financial needs along with many perks. Please visit www.meowwolf.com/careers for more information.
COME AS YOU ARE
Meow Wolf is an equal opportunity employer and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any kind. We are committed to ensuring all employees enjoy and thrive in a work environment where differences make us the vibrant, wonderful community we are! All employment decisions at Meow Wolf are based on business need, job requirements, and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, ancestry, national origin, gender, pregnancy, sexual orientation, marital status, religion, age, disability, gender identity, results of genetic testing, veteran status, service in the military or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.