BlueWave Solar is a B Corporation on a mission to revolutionize energy with simple, powerful solar solutions.
We have a rapidly growing team of experts intensely focused on developing and managing community solar projects, refining our Solar Management Platform software, and forging efficient capital partnerships that enable consumers to choose local, low-cost solar power. We are constantly innovating to keep pace with the evolving energy industry, and that spirit of innovation is what drives our company’s dynamic culture. We are an energetic, driven and welcoming group of people that is looking for someone that can enable growth in a new market.
When you join the BlueWave community, you join a team doing all that we can to be transparent, sustainable and high-integrity. We don’t just want to do business, we want to do good business. Because of our commitment to B Corp Certification we hold ourselves to high standards when it comes to our impact on the environment, our employees, our communities, and our customers.
BlueWave has an immediate opening for a Business Development Manager (BDM), Community Solar Customer Enrollment for New York reporting to the Senior Director, Community Solar Customer Enrollment. The BDM for New York will build relationships within our local project communities to create partnerships that drive community solar customer participation and engagement, including prospective enrollment partners and marketing affiliates.
We seek a highly motivated and qualified candidate to drive interest and excitement for BlueWave’s community solar products in New York. Our ideal candidate is a community solar thought leader and seeks to serve as a local ambassador for building the BlueWave community solar brand; effectively communicating our core company values and commitment to positively impact the local communities we serve.
Is this you?
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Grow BlueWave’s network of community solar enrollment partners and marketing affiliates;
• Collaborate with existing customers, partners, and affiliates to stimulate demand for community solar products;
• Manage, train and support our partners and affiliates to effectively promote BlueWave community solar products and fully leverage our enrollment tools;
• Monitor partner performance and ensure compliance with BlueWave’s standards of service and quality;
• Track community solar customer enrollment performance and critical success factors;
• Support community solar customers in the region in coordination with BlueWave;
• Collect, prioritize and communicate community solar product offering and market feedback, supporting the refinement of offerings and messaging;
• Work with BlueWave management, Operations, Marketing and Legal teams to develop community solar customer enrollment materials, including but not limited to new product presentations, form agreements, standard proposal spreadsheets and communications, marketing collateral, customer case studies, and references;
• Represent the Business Development team internally with other functional areas of the community solar business, ensuring that new market and product development is focused on strategic opportunities.
• Provide input to the Community Solar team to set overall business goals and metrics.
• Support and execute the rollout of community solar in new markets, including new offerings and refinements of existing offerings and tools.
• Travel as needed within the region, and to industry events, to establish and support customer and partner relationships; must be able to travel up to 50% of time based on business needs
• Position will report to the Senior Director of Community Solar Customer Enrollment for BlueWave.
• Bachelor of Science and/or Master’s Degree in related field or MBA preferred.
• Enthusiastic, self-motivated, hands-on, and results driven contributor, a team player.
• Exceptional leadership, communication and interpersonal skills.
• Proven customer engagement experience and sales success.
• Previous community solar industry experience and partner management experience preferred.
• New York resident or willingness to re-locate preferred.