The Sargent and Greenleaf (S&G) Family of Brands deliver proven lock and door solutions that protect people and assets at home, at work, and in communities around the world. With trusted brands such as Sargent & Greenleaf, Delaney Hardware, Premier Steel Doors & Frames and MegaMet Industries, we are able to provide businesses and consumers high-security safe locks and locking systems, high-quality door hardware and fixtures, commercial-grade steel doors and frames, as well as multi-family and commercial security solutions.
Our unique portfolio of lock and door solution brands serve a wide range of our customer’s security needs across industries and applications. Together, we are on a mission to make the world more secure today and in the future.
The Accounting Manager will plan and direct the accounting activities of the department.
- Manages the accounting staff who are responsible for financial reporting, billing, collections, payroll, and budget preparation.
- Recruits and hires accounting and financial staff and conducts performance evaluations.
- Coordinates training programs for new staff and identifies training needs for current staff.
- Establishes internal controls and guidelines for accounting transactions and budget preparation.
- Oversees preparation of business activity reports, financial forecasts, and annual budgets.
- Oversees the production of periodic financial reports; ensures that the reported results comply with generally accepted accounting principles or financial reporting standards.
- Responsible for tax planning throughout the fiscal year; files annual corporate tax return.
- Audits accounts to ensure compliance with state and federal regulations; coordinates with outside auditors and provides needed information for the annual external audit.
- Presents recommendations to management on short- and long-term financial objectives and policies.
- Provides financial analysis with an emphasis on capital investments, pricing decisions, and contract negotiations.
- Ensures compliance with local, state, and federal government requirements.
- Performs other related duties as necessary or assigned.
- Excellent management and supervisory skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills.
- Proficient in accounting and tax preparation software.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite or similar software.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelors degree in Accounting or Business Administration required.
- Eight years or more of related experience required.
- Certified Public Accountant designation preferred.
- Prolonged periods sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
- Must be able to lift up to 15 pounds at times.
S&G Vision & Values:
S&G is a passionate team with a continuous improvement culture dedicated to delivering trusted and transformative locking solutions while consistently exceeding customer expectations.
Must be a champion of the S&G corporate values of accountability, integrity, respect, teamwork, community, innovation, and leadership.
S&G is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.