Under the supervision of Account Executives and Call Center Managers, the Benefits Counselor will contact client employees to educate them on the available insurance products offered by their employer. The Benefits Counselor collaborates with the Account Executive and Call Center Managers to ensure that client standards and requirements are met during benefits consultations. The Benefits Counselor should be able to consult using fact finding initiatives, while building rapport to determine and advise on the best fit solutions for the employee. Therefore, the Benefits Counselor will educate and assist employees in benefits enrollment activities, as directed by the client. This opportunity is available for on-site travel or work-from-home call center.
Flexible schedule. The Benefit Counselor educates client employees about employee benefit programs, communicates available programs to eligible employees/members, and enrolls employees in elected programs.
1. Actively participates in case, enrollment, product, and systems training. Through face-to-face, telephonic Benefit Center, and/or web, educate client employees about employee benefit programs. Communicate available employee benefit programs to eligible employees/members.
2. Enrolls employees/members in elected programs through web site and/or electronic enrollment.
Accurately and thoroughly complete and submit all applications in compliance with data entry and data privacy policies and regulations. Work assigned days and shifts that may include weekends, evenings, and/or nights. Conduct all business and actions according to highest possible standards or professional conduct. Maintain client and employee confidences and protect confidential and proprietary information obtained in the course of employment.
Job and Skill Requirements: As a Benefits Counselor, there exists the daily opportunity to demonstrate the following:
- Knowledge of insurance products, such as life, health, and voluntary benefits.
- Strong communication skills with the ability to interpret customer needs and educate on available benefits.
- Ability to maintain documentation in a concise, accurate and timely fashion.
- Ability to manage scheduled appointments for call center contact, in timely and efficient manner.
- Attend department meetings and trainings, whether on-site or online.
- Perform other reporting and administrative duties as directed.
- Ability to work various shifts.
Job Qualifications: The ideal candidate would have previous demonstrated experience in the field of Employee Benefits Education, or consulting, and working with persons from diverse backgrounds. Specifically:
- Minimum 2 years of experience as a Benefits Counselor.
- Current and active resident state license in Life and Health Insurance.
- Ability to pass or clear necessary screenings and background check requirements.
- Access to adequate and efficient quiet work area from home with necessary internet connections.
- Basic computer skills, knowledge of Windows and Google based programs.
- Reliable, professional, attention to detail, able to work with diverse group of clients and staff, ability to work in fast-paced team environment, and flexibility to manage changing parameters and timelines.
- Develop and maintain positive relationships with and provide excellent customer service to staff, clients, carriers, and vendors