REGION: Must live in the Chicago Metropolitan area
Responsible for attaining sales goals through day-to-day customer contact, providing training to distributors and contractors, as well as manage sales activities of Basic Coatings by performing the following duties personally or through assigned Distributors.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: Other duties may be assigned as needed.
- Sales Process
- Identify, prospect and recommend new distribution, contractor and end user accounts within assigned region.
- Conducts sales presentations and demonstrates (hands on) chemical and equipment to distributors, contractors and end users.
- Sell, train and service key Contractor and Target End User accounts to assure attainment of the regions sales objectives.
- Sell, train, develop, and motivate assigned distributors to assure attainment of product sales.
- Assist inside sales in selling activities in order to meet the goals of the region.
- Create an action plan encompassing the strategic long and short term goals of Basic, the need of the region and your individual personal goals
- Present all Basic promotions to ensure distributor, contractor participation
- Aggressively promote, demo new products to gain acceptance and meet sales goals.
- Relationship Management
- Provide assistance and support to the Pro-Shop Manager’s and contractor’s imparting product knowledge and field application procedures.
- Responsible for managing all Basic Coatings business within all distributors in the assigned region, including chemical, equipment, process, and programs. Individual is responsible for the growth of all areas and for handling all distributor questions regarding these areas.
- Communicating and implementing Basic’s strategic plan.
- Support at NWFA schools and Distributor demonstrations as needed.
- Aggressive detail to Merchandising efforts (brochures, banners, posters, door hangers, counter cards etc…)
- Maintain a positive working relationship with all levels of distributor personnel
- Work with inside sales to support your collective efforts in selling, acquiring addition business and communicating promotions to current and potential new accounts, contractors etc.
- CRM & Reporting
- Assists in sales forecasting activities, sets and meets performance goals for the assigned region.
- Advise National Sales Manager of issues concerning sales, marketing and distributor use of PFA monies.
- Maintains a close awareness of the region, market and competitive activities in the region and keep Basic Coatings abreast of problems and opportunities.
- Monitors and evaluates the activities and products of the competition and communicates this information to Basic through the appropriate tools (Salesforce.com).
- Responsible for maintaining Salesforce.com as it relates to the contact information and call history for reporting and tracking of the sales calls.
- Time Management
- Travels throughout assigned region to meet with, establish and maintain relationships with key distributors and contractors.
- Controls expenditures of his position to conform to budgetary requirements.
- Committed to timely completion of all Quarterly Distributor Strategy Meetings, reports and requests from Basic management.
- Keeps calendar up to date with all appointments, calls, office hours, travel, etc.
INTEGRITY: Does not ethically cut corners. Remains consistent in terms of what one says and does and in terms of behavior towards others. Earns trust of coworkers. Puts organization above self interests.
CUSTOMER FOCUS: Regularly monitors customer satisfaction. Meets internal and external customer needs in ways that provide satisfaction and excellent results for the customer.
ENERGY: Exhibits energy, strong desire to achieve, high dedication level.
INTERPERSONAL SAVVY: Relates well to all kinds of people, up, down, inside and outside the organization; builds appropriate rapport; builds constructive and effective relationships; uses diplomacy and tact; can diffuse even high-tension situations comfortably.
WRITTEN/VERBAL COMMUNICATIONS: Is able to write & speak clearly and succinctly in a variety of communication settings and styles; can get messages across that have the desired effect.
NEGOTIATING: Can negotiate skillfully in tough situations with both internal and external groups; can settle differences with minimum noise; can negotiate with concessions without damaging relationships; can be both direct and forceful as well as diplomatic; gains trust quickly of other parties to the negotiations; has a good sense of timing.
DECISION QUALITY: Makes good decisions (without considering how much time it takes) based upon a mixture of analysis, wisdom, experience and judgment; most of his/her solutions and suggestions turn out to be correct and accurate when judged over time; sought out by others for advice and solutions.
DRIVE FOR RESULTS: Can be counted on to exceed goals successfully; is constantly and consistently one of the top performers; very top-line oriented; steadfastly pushes self and others for results.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
Bachelors Degree in Business Administration, Marketing or Sales preferred
2 - 5 years outside sales experience
Fully computer literate
MS Office - Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint
Ability to learn CRM software - Salesforce.com
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER