Responsible for a basic knowledge of all phases of the production operation from mixing through coating. On each shift, each Coating Scientist will be responsible for one of the following production operations: weighing, mixing, or coating, slitting, as assigned by the Production Supervisor.
• Startup and shutdown of the coating line.
• Performs daily performance checks on the required equipment scales and hold tanks.
• Logs room and equipment in and out of process, in the required log books.
• In-process quality checks; coat weight, moisture, thickness, etc.
• Collects samples as required.
• Monitors process for quality while running.
• Maintains an organized and clean work area.
• Packages finished rolls.
• Accurately completes required paperwork for the batch record.
• Weighs raw materials, to meet all batch requirements.
• Maintains error free batch records.
• Works with other personnel as needed for double signatures.
• Prepares batches of solution in accordance with the instructions on batch record.
• Cleans/sanitizes tanks, hoses fittings, etc.
• Moves tanks of solution in and out of coating room as needed.
• Washes down weighing and mix room as required.
• Sets up of the slitter.
• Operates slitter.
• Completes slitting part of the batch record.
• Completes slitting logbooks.
• Packages slit rolls into boxes, completes labels, and prepares tally sheet.
• Cleans room and slitter after each batch
• Bachelor’s Degree or Associate’s degree in a science field preferred.
• 1-2 years of manufacturing experience in pharmaceuticals or a related field.
• Self-starter with good time management skills.
• Ability to lift 75lbs and capable of driving a forklift or be trained to do so.
• Mechanical aptitude and good problem-solving skills.
• Good interpersonal skills.
• Must be detail oriented with an ability to maintain accurate records.
• Willingness to work various shifts.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of the work being performed by employees assigned to this position. This is not intended as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required. Aquestive reserves the right to make changes to the job description whenever necessary.
As part of Aquestive’s employment process, final candidate will be required to complete a drug test and background check prior to employment commencing.
Aquestive provides equal employment opportunities to all colleagues and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.