Hope Academy is a program designed to prioritize the clinician-in-training. Our goal is to provide training, experience, and supervision tailored to the individual to foster an environment that guides you directly toward your passions. We accomplish this by offering home-based, school-based, and outpatient-based training opportunities so you can identify what you’re best suited for. Additionally, we offer quality supervision with no time commitment required of you post-licensure, all at no cost to you! Our supervisors receive specific training and meet together monthly to ensure that they provide you with the best service possible. At Hope Academy, we invest in you. Apply today!
- Provides individual, group, and family therapy to clients as assigned by the Clinical Supervisor
- Ensures that counseling sessions begin and end on time
- Completes all required paperwork for client charts and billing in a timely manner
- Coordinate services with a multidisciplinary team, including social workers, house parents, administrative staff, medical staff, and community agencies
- Maintains client confidentiality and other ethical standards outlined by the state licensing board
- Complies with all applicable requirements of the VA Board of Counseling/Social Work
- Performs all other tasks as assigned
Reasonable Accommodations Statement To accomplish this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform, with or without reasonable accommodation, each essential function satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to help enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Attend HFT Staff meetings and PHFS All Staff meetings when possible
- Accountability - Ability to accept responsibility and account for his/her actions.
- Communication, Oral and Written - Ability to communicate effectively with others using the spoken word, and in writing clearly and concisely.
- Customer Oriented - Ability to take care of the customers’ needs while following company procedures.
- Decision Making - Ability to make critical decisions while following company procedures.
- Diversity Oriented - Ability to work effectively with people regardless of their age, gender, race, ethnicity, religion, or job type.
- Empathetic - Ability to appreciate and be sensitive to the feelings of others.
- Ethical - Ability to demonstrate conduct conforming to a set of values and accepted standards.
- Organized - Possessing the trait of being organized or following a systematic method of performing a task.
- Relationship Building - Ability to effectively build relationships with customers and co-workers.
- Reliability - The trait of being dependable and trustworthy.
The Resident Clinician will provide professional mental health counseling with clients as assigned, meeting regularly with the approved supervisor. The Resident Clinician will maintain all necessary records required by the VA Board of Counselors accurately documenting the residency in accordance with state guidelines.
SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Human behavior and performance; individual differences in ability, personality, and interests; learning and motivation; psychological research methods; and the assessment and treatment of behavioral and affective disorders.
- Principles, methods, and procedures for diagnosis and treatment of conditions found in the DSM-5
- Principles and processes for providing customer and personal services. This includes customer needs assessment, meeting quality standards for services, and evaluation of customer satisfaction
- Basic computer programs such as: Word Processor, Spreadsheet, Internet, and Database applications
- Current counseling/therapy techniques and methodologies
- Basic technological skills: using computers, fax machines, and telephones
- Skilled in assessment, evaluation, application of appropriate therapeutic methods
- To communicate both orally and in writing
- To report necessary counseling information in a clear, concise, and complete way
- To make informed, objective decisions with integrity
- To collaborate effectively with other team members
Education: Masters in Counseling
Experience: Internship and/or Practicum
- Obtain and maintain personal malpractice insurance in compliance with state guidelines
- Complete process of registering supervisor with the VA Board of Counselors