Direct the daily operations and strategic advancement of the Living program, specific to our community homes over the entire Aspire geography. Orchestrate teams to collaboratively respond to and support the unique circumstances and desires of adults with intellectual and other developmental disabilities, their family and friends, Aspire team members and other stakeholders; so that meaningful life experiences can be realized. Ensure that a safe and comfortable home environment exists for each person to thrive. Oversee superb staffing and coordination resulting in service excellence and enabling people to achieve community belonging. Lead strategic direction for innovative living options, generating natural supports, and creating an atmosphere of community belonging for all living options.
- Build and maintain an effective team of Team Leaders. This includes recruiting support, training, and continually coaching Team Leaders for professional growth in their roles. Routinely spend time with Team Leaders and DSP in the community homes to build solid relationship foundations, serve as a model for personnel, and provide coaching feedback in real time.
- Oversee management of direct reports and their team members’ performance including training requirements, talent development, employee hours, and performance management.
- Provide training to Team Leaders as needed; related to Aspire Policies and Procedures, DHS rules and regulations, CQL factors, and industry best practices; and to develop a better understanding of participants’ plans, interventions, relationship building, customer service, professional development, safety and maintenance of homes, supervision and coaching of DSPs.
- Be available to support Team Leaders, and community homes as needed.
- Build and maintain an atmosphere that promotes health and wellness in the living environment.
Facilitate Aspire Team, Individual, and Family Partnership:
- Facilitate, monitor and maintain a consistent and professional line of communication between guardians and/or family, Aspire personnel, medical professionals, governmental agencies, service companies and any other stakeholders. As and effective communicator, ensure timely responses to correspondence and provide proactive correspondence routinely.
- Actively participate in and/or facilitate meetings, across departments, with Directors and Team Leaders.
- Attend, contribute to and, responsible to ensure Team Leaders maintain familiarity with individualized programs, contribute to CST and other individual support focused teams as necessary, monitor compliance with each participant’s safety, health and wellness, and human rights, monitor and coach DSP support of individual Person-Centered Plans/Implementation Plans including data tracking, reporting, communication, and quality of support provided.
- Advocate for participants to ensure dignity, respect, and privacy is the mandatory norm in all living settings.
- Participate in committees as assigned/deemed necessary.
Quality and Compliance:
- Oversee maintenance of homes including compliance with and documentation of safety activity and maintenance of homes according to DHS standards, monitor Maintenance, Cleanliness and Safety of homes by:
- Visiting the homes on a routine basis
- Educating and communicating the vision to Team Leaders
- Ensuring Team Leaders are maintaining a minimum 1 shift per week per home
- Review Safety/ Maintenance checks for quality and compliance.
- Oversee and, as needed, respond to medical emergencies, general event (incident) management, and other urgent needs that arise in the community home setting
- Ensure Team Leaders and DSPs respond to medical information, are alert to, communicate/document, and respond to medical signs and symptoms.
- Monitor recordings of participants' account funds and home accounts. Ensure all documentation is completed.
- Assist the Senior Vice President of Programs with program financial management, be fiscally responsible with oversight of practices and expenditures.
- Remain current with DHS rules and regulations, CQL factors, and best practices.
- Complete all required trainings including but not limited to AMTS/MANDT, CPR/FA, Clinical Trainings, Rule 50 Abuse/Neglect, etc.
- Participate in regulatory surveys/ reviews/accreditation and implement recommended changes per survey results.
- Cooperation with Compliance and Quality Improvement initiatives and protocols.
- Support the strategic advancement of the Living Program by staying abreast of industry trends, leading development of innovative options for living services and program structures, participating in short and long-term planning, and meeting strategic plan and other established program goals and objectives.
- Actively seek, contribute to, implement programs and promote opportunities to facilitate natural supports for participants, create community belonging for all living settings and promote health and wellness.
- Make recommendations, assist, and lead with changes in the development and delivery of new and/or existing policies, procedures, services, etc., to optimize quality assurance, reduce department deficits, and maintain the integrity of the department and Aspire.
- Attend and actively participate in supervision with the Senior Vice President of Programs keeping them informed of needed information.
- Develop and/or complete special projects as assigned by supervisor.
- Complete other duties as assigned by supervisor.
Reporting to this Position: Lead Team Leader, Team Leaders
Required Education & Experience:
- High School Diploma
- Minimum of 5 years of experience working directly with people with developmental disabilities
- Minimum of 3 years of supervisory experience in related field
- Valid driver’s license (Illinois, Indiana, Wisconsin) with good driving record
Required Skills, Knowledge & Abilities:
- Excellent oral and written communication skills; ability to write reports and routine business correspondence.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from families, employees, peers, and the general public.
- Ability to assess DSP and Team Leader’s performance according to best practice standards and provide timely feedback.
- Working knowledge of PC operations and software.
- Knowledge of the methods and practices of sound records management; ability to prepare and maintain records.
- Ability to maintain confidential information.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional documents, technical procedures, and regulations.
- Ability to deal tactfully and courteously with employees at all levels, families, and the general public.
- Ability to be on- call and respond as needed.
Preferred Skills, Knowledge & Abilities:
- Bachelor's degree in related field highly preferred
- Masters in related field.
- Achieves Results: Consistently achieving results, even under tough circumstances.
- Builds Effective Teams: Building strong-identity teams that apply their diverse skills and perspectives to achieve common goals.
- Cultivates Innovation: Creating new & better ways for the organization to be successful.
- Makes Quality Decisions: Making good & timely decisions that keep the organization moving forward.
- Tackles the Tough Issues: Stepping up to address difficult issues, saying what needs to be said.
Voted as one of the 101 Best and Brightest Companies to work for in Chicago!
We know that Together, We’re Better!
Aspire was founded in 1960 and is recognized as a leader in providing bold, pioneering, and uncompromising services to adults with developmental disabilities, their families and the community. In 2019, we joined forces with NorthPointe Resources to be one of the most recognized and respected disability service providers across the Chicago metropolitan area, Lake County (Illinois), and southeastern Wisconsin areas.
Full Time Benefits (regularly schedule to work more than 37 1/2 hours per week)
- Health Insurance
- Benefit Time (Vacation, Sick, Personal)
- 13 Holidays
- 403(B) Retirement Savings Plan with matching contribution
- Disability Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Voluntary Insurance
Aspire is an equal employment opportunity employer and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
Group Home Manager