** $2,000 Sign on bonus **
MDC Precision is a world leader in delivering high-quality products to the research, semiconductor, aerospace, life sciences, and food processing sectors.
Our customers rely on us to provide the precision components that are required for the operation at the atomic scale. We enable innovation by bringing our expertise in vacuum science, ultrapure and ultra-hygienic materials fabrication, ceramic-to-metal sealing along with our design and manufacturing partnerships- all to enable science to change the world for the better.
Independently sets up and operates conventional and/or auto-feed Hems Saws.
- Possess comprehensive knowledge of machining practices, measurement and evaluation skills, and tooling applications.
- Ensures machinery, tools, and equipment are in good working order, solves quality problems, performs data collection, monitors progress, and product control as identified.
- Completes machine setups on a wide variety of specialized and production equipment. Generate first article/first piece product for inspection. Makes required adjustments to equipment or programming to maintain compliance with quality standards.
- Ability to read and interpret blueprints, sketches, drawings, manuals, specifications, or sample parts to determine dimensions and tolerances of finished workpieces, sequence of operations, and set up requirements.
- Measures, marks, and scribes dimensions and reference points on material or workpiece as guides for subsequent machining.
- Selects aligns and secures holding fixtures, cutting tools, attachments, accessories, and materials on machines.
- Calculates and sets controls to regulate machining factors such as speed, feed, coolant flow, and angle of cut.
- Starts and observes machine operation to detect malfunctions or out-of-tolerance cutting, and adjusts machine where applicable.
- Installs machined replacement parts in mechanisms, machines, and equipment and tests operation of unit to ensure functionality and performance.
- Use knowledge of measuring tools (dial calipers, ID gauge, thread gauges, height gauges, etc.)
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Job Type: Full-time