When the unexpected happens: an injury, an illness, an accident, the healthcare professionals that diagnose and treat these issues need tools they can rely on. That’s where Block Imaging comes in. If you’re looking to join a team that not only provides a positive work environment, but also creates a real-world impact, the Block Imaging team is worth your consideration.
We are a Michigan-based company that buys, sells, and refurbishes medical imaging systems worldwide. We also stand by these products with replacement parts and field service, and fill interim needs with mobile imaging systems. Right now, we are accepting application for the role of Accounts Receivable Specialist, working in our Holt, Michigan facility on a full-time basis.
Why Block Imaging?
More than a job
Because Block Imaging supports physicians with diagnostic and imaging equipment, the quality of our products and services has a direct effect on improving, or even saving, the lives of patients.
Leadership at Block Imaging places a high value on creating work/life balance for our team members. A healthy balance is a win for your home life, and the work you do!
We know great candidates come our way from many backgrounds. If you’ve never worked in the medical industry before, Block Imaging encourages professional development! We’re open to building on your related experience with training.
We strive to be an environment built from our core values: Integrity- saying what we mean and doing what we say. Growth- constantly getting better, taking risks, and moving forward. Honor- recognizing everyone’s inherent worth and treating them with respect. Together- desiring to help one another as a complete team.
This individual will be responsible for taking ownership of our accounts receivables and collections functions in order to maintain healthy cash flow through positive internal & external customer relationships, and managing risk. This team member will also need to ensure our outstanding receivables are within terms and will report and present on findings to leadership team on a regular basis. This individual will have strong understanding of accounting functions, both accounts payable & receivable, have strong communication skills, and possess resilience and experience navigating customer disputes.
- Frequent use of customer receivables aging report.
- Monitor and flag accounts for service holds.
- Perform customer credit checks upon internal request to recommend how to proceed with payment terms and credit limits.
- Utilize phone and email regarding invoices, credit memos, payments, outstanding invoices, and on-boarding customers.
- Reconciliation of A/R items on customer accounts within the billing software.
- Generation of A/R down payment, invoice, credit memo, and sales order documents within SAP.
- Regular use of Avatax Document Generation Wizard and recurring transactions within the billing software to send to customers.
- Resolution/guidance/triage of customer disputes.
- Statement requests, refund requests, and credit deposits.
- Routine use of dunning reminders.
- Produce reports and documents as required by the Accounting Manager and Accounting Team Lead.
- Maintain the highest level of confidentiality.
- Work respectfully, cooperatively, and professionally with others in the best interest of the company.
- Perform any other duties as assigned.
Day in the life: Here is a video you can hear directly from our team members sharing a little more about their experience at Block Imaging.
Education: Associates or Bachelor’s Degree in Business/Accounting/Finance is preferred.
Experience: 1-2 years of accounting experience preferred.
- Ability to present
- Accurate and detail-oriented
- Self-motivated and drive
- Proficient in MS Suite, accounting software experience preferred (QuickBooks or SAP)
- Superior customer service skills both internal and external.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
Benefits and Perks:
We live out our mission, People Matter, through the care and benefits we provide our team.
- Health, Vision, Dental & More: Competitive insurance coverage including - medical, dental, and vision coverage.
- Paid Time Off: Full-time team members start at 16 days of PTO and receive two “people matter” days for volunteering in your community.
- Profit Sharing: Quarterly bonuses to team members based on meeting company profitability goals.
- Investment Plan/Budgeting: 401(k) investment planning with a variety of options for deferrals and an annual company contribution, along with financial planning tools and training.
- Tuition Assistance: Split the cost of qualified tuition expenses up to 50% up to $1,000 starting at 90 days and increasing to $2,500 after two years.
- Paid Parental Leave: Up to three weeks of paid parental leave following a qualified Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA) qualified and approved leave.
- Environment: Casual dress, BBQs, holiday parties, book clubs, lunch-and-learns, and many more community-driven opportunities to bond as a team and grow as an individual
Block Imaging is an Equal Opportunity Employer