Our physicians offer a full scope of occupational medicine services designed to help reduce healthcare costs, while minimizing lost work time and increasing employee productivity. To accomplish these goals, Akeso Medical is outcome focused and provides medical care on an urgent or appointment basis for occupational injuries and illnesses. We also design modified work and rehabilitation programs to enable injured employees to return to work as soon as possible.
As a Medical Assistant you will be responsible for providing administrative support to ensure efficient operation of the medical office/hospital. You will support doctors and patients through a variety of tasks related to patient care management, organization and communication. The target is to complete all activities accurately, with high quality and in a timely manner.
If you have the ability to represent the highest quality of care in all aspects of patient engagement, and a willingness to demonstrate a very caring and respectful demeanor we want to hear from you. The ideal candidate will reflect our mission of offering highly personalized, compassionate care and be excited by the opportunity to learn and grow with the Practice. Candidate should also be able to demonstrate a positive attitude, strong communication and computer skills. Certified Medical Assistant is highly preferred
- Triage and transfer phone calls.
- Greet and welcome patients and visitors as soon as they arrive at the office.
- Answer, screen, and forward incoming phone calls.
- Schedule and coordinate patient appointments.
- Insurance verifications and authorizations.
- Room patients and collect vitals.
- Perform injections, dispense medications, DME and other requests from providers.
- Responsible for transfer of patient care.
- Maintain clean exam rooms.
- Always ensure HIPPA compliance.
- Understanding of the concepts of universal precautions and OSHA.
- Review patient medical record to assure that all needed test results, forms, and reports are available to physician/provider.
- Ensure claim numbers are updated and accurate.
- Complete appointment reminders.
- Create cancellation letters and email to employer.
- Reschedule cancellations and missed appointments.
- Verify diagnosis codes on work status forms.
- Job duties may change to meet clinic needs.
- Complete any and all other job duties as requested by management.
- Excellent communication skills and accurate data entry.
- Detail Oriented.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Collaboration Skills
- Ethical Conduct.
- Minimum 3 years' experience in Medical Assisting required, preferable experience in Workers' Comp.
- Certified Medical Assistant required.
- Knowledge of medical terminology required.
- Experience with Microsoft Office Suite including Word and Excel.
- Knowledge of basic office equipment such as scanners, electronic faxing, iPad, copy machines, etc.
- CPR and AED Certified.
- Experience in Worker’s Comp
This job operates in a clinical and clerical office setting. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.
The ability to stand and sit for hours at a time, (with some bending and stooping), ability to use manual dexterity in relation to clinical requirements, and ability to lift 50 lbs.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position. Days and hours of work are Monday through Friday
Job Type: Full-time