Purpose: To ensure Meow Wolf’s IT systems are secure, consistent and reliable.
Location: Santa Fe, NM
Meow Wolf is a social impact art project that fuels a business, and a business that fuels a social impact art project. We create immersive and interactive experiences that transport audiences into fantastic realms of story and exploration.
Meow Wolf’s IT team is responsible for the planning, procurement, deployment, maintenance, and support of all of our internal IT infrastructure, software, and computer systems. The IT Operations Manager will develop and manage our growing IT team and lead ongoing IT initiatives.
As IT Operations Manager, you will be responsible for determining the IT budget and managing spend across the organization as well as running our IT operations as we expand into new markets. At Meow Wolf we pride ourselves in our culture, it is the glue that holds us all together. We are radically inclusive, highly collaborative, and passionate about creating mind-blowing immersive experiences. People who work at Meow Wolf have an opportunity to make dreams come true ---both creatively and professionally. We want you to be part of our team.
You will lead a team of talented individuals who will carry the Meow Wolf experience into the future.
How you will do it…
- Hire and manage staff members while cultivating a positive and fun work environment.
- Coach and train IT staff to acquire new skills and to do their best, most fulfilling work.
- Plan and manage the growth of our internet, networking, teleconferencing, A/V, radio, access control, compute, and software systems.
- Manage the Helpdesk team and related operations.
- Monitor and control the health and redundancy of our internal systems and data storage solutions.
- Procure IT solutions to meet the ongoing and future needs of the company.
- Plan and manage the rollout of new solutions and software platforms.
- Plan and manage scheduled downtime for upgrades and improvements.
- Develop and enforce information systems policies and conduct regular audits of our IT systems and report on the results to executives.
- Work with stakeholders across the company to identify and assess ongoing needs and requirements.
- Produce regular IT operation reports for executive stakeholders.
- Develop strong partnerships with external vendors and contractors.
To be successful in this role…
- You hold a Bachelors in Computer Science, IT, and/or relevant field.
- You bring a minimum of 7 years working experience managing and leading IT operations.
- You are able to think critically and analytically while remaining receptive to change.
- You possess deep understanding of computer hardware, networking, and A/V systems.
- You are knowledgeable with multiple operating systems and integration between them.
- You are experienced with network administration and installation.
- You demonstrate exceptional success in coaching and leading technical personnel.
Work environment & physical demands…
- This is a full-time position, averaging 40 hours a week --from Monday to Friday.
- This position is based in Santa Fe, NM and operates out of an office environment.
- Some travel is required for this role.
- All employees will comply with company and OSHA standard workplace safety protocols.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
We will teach you the Meow Wolf way by…
- Taking a deep dive into departmental inner workings and reviewing project goals.
- Exploring Meow Wolf Origins.
- Reviewing Meow Wolf’s Employee Handbook.
- An experienced IT professional possessing technical expertise and IT performance management?
- Skilled at building relationships with team members and stakeholders and is capable of clearly communicating information to executives?
- Highly organized with the ability to prioritize multiple tasks while demonstrating excellent time management?
- Able to exhibit professional judgment and decision-making skills?
- Experienced in managing processes or projects and driving change through positive influence?
- Creative in your approach to problem solving with the ability to identify process improvement opportunities?
If you answered ‘YES’ to all of the above, then what are you waiting for? APPLY MEOW!
JOIN THE MEOW WOLF FAMILY
The organization is composed of individuals who inspire creativity in people's lives through art and exploration, so that our combined imaginations can transform the world we live in. Every role is a vital component and thereby essential in creating exhibitions that will serve as anchors, borne in deep radical collaboration with local artists and communities, thus fueling our social impact initiatives. Each hire allows us to enhance our surrounding communities and the true source of our creativity, reputation, and vitality.
Meow Wolf is committed to our DIY roots and grassroots community support principles. To document that commitment, we converted our legal designation into a Delaware Public Benefit Corporation and have certified as a B Corporation. As a B Corp, we have a triple bottom line of supporting financial, social and environmental wellbeing in our community.
Our four areas of impact are:
· Respect for Creative Communities
· Respect for Collaborating Artists
· Respect for our Environment
· Respect for our Employees
The choices we make concerning our benefits during enrollment periods are among the most important we select for ourselves and our families. As part of the total compensation package for full-time employees, Meow Wolf offers a comprehensive benefits package that includes various options to meet individual healthcare and financial needs along with many perks. Please visit www.meowwolf.com/careers for more information.
COME AS YOU ARE
Meow Wolf is an equal opportunity employer and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any kind. We are committed to ensuring all employees enjoy and thrive in a work environment where differences make us the vibrant, wonderful community we are! All employment decisions at Meow Wolf are based on business need, job requirements, and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, ancestry, national origin, gender, pregnancy, sexual orientation, marital status, religion, age, disability, gender identity, results of genetic testing, veteran status, service in the military or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.