Position: Ship ‘s Cook
Grand River Navigation Company is the U.S. operating subsidiary of Rand Logistics Corporation. Together with our Canadian sister company, Lower Lakes Towing Ltd., we are one of the largest marine transportation service providers operating on the Great Lakes today with our combined fleet of bulk freight vessel is providing service to over 50 customers across the Great Lakes and St. Lawrence Seaway.
Our Company is searching for qualified candidates for the position of Cook aboard our US flagged self-unloading vessels.
- Providing healthy and satisfying meals for the crew of 17 (Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner)
- Order ships provisions and manage the vessels Provision Budget
- Keep Galley and Food Handling areas clean and sanitary
- Manage the vessels linen supply
- Other duties assigned by the Vessel’s Captain
- US Passport and allowed entry into the Canada
- Merchant Mariner Credential (MMC) issued by the US Coast Guard
- Endorsement as Food Handler
- Transportation Worker Identification (TWIC) issued by TSA
- Excellent communication and team work skills as well as the ability to multi-task
- Valid ServSafe Food Protection Manager Certificate of equivalent
Why Choose Grand River Navigation?
- As an employee you are part of the Rand Logistics family where Teamwork and safety are a core value
- Highly competitive wages and benefits
- The best leave system in the industry
- We pay for your travel to and from the vessel
- Excellent Health and Retirement Benefits
- Excellent safety record
Job Type: Full Time - Permanent