Our Physicians offer a full scope of occupational medicine services designed to help reduce healthcare costs while minimizing lost work time and increasing employee productivity. To accomplish these goals, Akeso Medical is outcome-focused and provides medical care on an urgent or appointment basis for occupational injuries and illnesses. We also design modified work and rehabilitation programs to enable injured employees to return to work as soon as possible.
As an X-Ray technician and Medical Assistant, you will contribute to the patient experience from start to finish. This role demands multi-tasking in a fast-paced environment. Your role will be to help with patient flow during the day and communicate instructions to patients as well as perform x-ray services.
If you have the ability to represent the highest quality of care in all aspects of patient engagement, and a willingness to demonstrate a very caring and respectful demeanor we want to hear from you. The ideal candidate will reflect our mission of offering highly personalized, compassionate care and be excited by the opportunity to learn and grow with the Practice. Candidate should also be able to demonstrate a positive attitude, strong communication and computer skills.
- Interview patients to obtain medical information, measure vitals, perform x-rays, physicals, immunizations, PFT’s, EKG’s, DS and BAT screening.
- Determine patients’ x-ray needs by reading requests or instructions from providers.
- Explain procedures to patients to reduce anxieties and obtain their full cooperation.
- Prepare and set up x-ray room for patient.
- Position x-ray equipment and adjust controls to properly set exposure factors.
- Position patient on exam table and set up and adjust equipment to obtain optimum view of specific body area as requested by provider.
- Process exposed radiographs.
- Perform injections, dispense medications, DME and other requests from providers.
- Responsible for transfer of patient care.
- Review patient medical record to assure that all needed test results, forms, and reports are available to physician/provider.
- Inform providers of company specific instructions before they see patient.
- Scan specialist reports / medical records / physicals / screenings upon completion.
- Complete daily x-ray log.
- Follow all x-ray guidelines and Title 17 requirements.
- Ensure that supplies / equipment are present and in working order.
- Maintain daily medication inventory.
- Maintain clean exam rooms and x-ray area.
- Triage and transfer phone calls.
- Enter patient DMV information online and email certificate to employer.
- Verify diagnosis codes on work status forms.
- Verify all charges, medications, and supplies are captured and billed on a same day.
- Complete appointment reminders.
- Email missed appointments / cancellations and reschedule.
- Create cancellation letters and email to employer.
- Order all DME and medical supplies.
- Maintain all licenses and equipment calibration.
- Assist front office as needed.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Accurate data entry.
- Detail oriented.
- Collaboration skills.
- Ethical conduct.
- Minimum of 1-year post-graduate experience working as a licensed X-ray technician required.
- Certified Medical Assistant with minimum 3 years’ experience required.
- Understanding of the concepts of universal precautions, HIPAA and OSHA.
- Warm, friendly attitude with excellent patient interaction skills.
- Team player.
- Able to multi-task and work independently.
- Must be flexible with hours/shifts.
- CPR and AED Certified.
- Experience in Worker’s Comp.