The MOAR Recovery Coach will provide recovery coach services to individuals enrolled in the Massachusetts Organization for Addiction Recovery (MOAR) Access to Recovery (ATR) program. The Recovery Coach will interact with recoverees individually to assist in services such as housing and employment search in order to build a plan for life in recovery.
What You Will Be Doing to Make a Difference...
- Interact with recoverees individually, in person or over the phone, in order to aid in his/her/their recovery from substance abuse disorder;
- Utilize motivational interviewing to build rapport with recoverees;
- Provide crisis support;
- Assist recoverees in developing a comprehensive wellness plan, that addresses his/her/their goals;
- Provide information on resources that meet the recoverees’ needs;
- Maintain communication with recoverees on a weekly basis;
- Accompany recoverees to meetings in order to enhance their recovery experience (AA, Faith based, criminal justice settings etc);
- Provide stage-appropriate recovery information to individuals enrolled in the program;
- Assist recoverees in connecting with recovery support services;
- Encourage hope, optimism and healthy lifestyles to recover;
- Provide linkages to treatment and other support services;
- Occasionally transport recoverees to appointments (on a case by case basis)
Bay State Community Services (BSCS) recognized the hard work and dedication of our staff and has developed a comprehensive benefit package to support you and your family.
!!Benefits Begin On Your First Day of Employment!!
Important Health and Welfare Benefits
Blue Cross and Blue Shield Health and Dental Insurance
Eye-Med Vision Benefits
Employer Paid Life and Long-Term Disability Insurance
Medical Flexible Spending Account and Dependent Care Account
Employee Assistance Program
Generous Paid Time Off
35 Days Paid Time Off (15 Vacation Days, 12 Holidays and and 8 Sick Days)
Retirement Plan 403(b) (employer match after the first year of employment)
Opportunities for Reduced Tuition for Clinical Master's Degree
Opportunities for Student Loan Forgiveness
Extensive Training Program
Monthly Agency Wide Trainings (includes CEU's for obtaining/retaining license - LMHC, LMFT, LADC, CARC, LCSW and LICSW)
Supervision for Licensure and Specializations
Immediate Access to Comprehensive Online Self-Paced CEU Trainings
Opportunities for Certification in Evidence Based Practices
Remote Flexibility Available!
- Strong Verbal and Written Communications Skills in English as well as Spanish, Haitian Creole, Portuguese, Cantonese/Mandrin, French etc.
- Completion of an approve Recovery Coach Academy;
- Must have a Massachusetts driver’s license and a car.
- CORI background check.
- Direct knowledge about substance use disorder recovery;
- Lived experience;
- Motivational interviewing skills;
- Ability to maintain up to date records of participants;
- Ability to access and review ATR reports and participant referrals;
- Demonstrated ability to work with a diverse population;
- Effective oral, written communication skills and good interpersonal skills;
- Considerable knowledge of the substance use treatment services system and support services;
- Committed to ethics and confidentiality.
Bay State Community Services is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to providing an environment free from bias, discrimination, or harassment of any kind, and mutual respect where equal employment opportunities are available to all qualified applicants and teammates without regard to race, ethnicity, religion, sex, pregnancy, national origin, age, physical and mental disability, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, military and veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by applicable law. Bay State Community Services believes diversity, inclusion, and social justice are actions of integrity and respect, and as such Bay State Community Services seeks to operationalize policies, procedures and systems that support a talented, and diverse workforce.