West Cary Group is a full-service, digital marketing and technology agency based in Richmond, Virginia, which services numerous mid-sized local and Fortune 500 clients across a vast array of industries. Hopefully you enjoy the frenetic, dynamic, and exciting environment of a fast-growing firm, because we’re looking for dynamic Art Director.
Please note that this is an anticipated opening.
The ideal candidate will help plan and execute art, design and visual elements to deliver a high-quality creative product for West Cary Group.
- Focuses on the visual development of the creative product, working closely with the Creative Director and other team members to ensure the quality and integrity of the product meets or exceeds product vision and pushes the boundaries of competitive visual execution.
- Supports team’s goal of delivering world-class creative products.
- Conceptualizes great design in digital, motion, print and environmental channels.
- Provides creative solutions that deliver on the brief in unique and innovative ways and maintain an exceptional design aesthetic.
- Utilizes animation and video to deliver engaging content and customer experiences.
- Collaborates and leads projects that focus on UX and information architecture across multiple channels.
- Creates design that translates across platforms and campaigns.
- Establishes and maintains very aggressive deadlines for meeting demands of multiple client projects.
- Troubleshoots and devises solutions with both the internal team and external clients.
- Coordinates and directs other creative team members, including copywriters and designers, to ensure the successful outcome of campaigns and projects.
- Presents creative solutions to internal team and clients.
- Works with outside vendors to ensure the vision for the creative product is brought to life effectively and on budget.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Minimum 5 to 9 years of experience in art direction and design.
- A bachelor’s degree in a visual arts program or related field or equivalent work experience required.
- Direct Mail experience is strongly preferred.
- Previous experience establishing and maintaining very aggressive deadlines for meeting demands of multiple client projects.
- Previous experience in animation, digital and print media.
- Strong understanding of creative for content, direct response, social media and mobile applications.
- Must be proficient in Sketch and Adobe After Effects as well as the entire Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, InDesign, Illustrator) and Microsoft applications.
- Extremely detail-oriented and organized, with strong visual design skills, including layout, typography and high graphic standards.
- Strong communication skills and ability to work in a team.
- Understanding of coding for digital projects is a plus.
- Corporate in-house or external marketing agency experience is preferred.
- Paid vacation, sick leave and holidays
- Medical/Vision/Dental/Short-Term Disability/Long-Term Disability
- Employer paid Life insurance
- Flexible Spending Accounts: Health/Dependent Care
- 401(k) matching
- Cool people to work with!
West Cary Group LLC is committed to being an equal opportunity employer by fostering, cultivating, and preserving a culture of diversity, equity, and inclusion. Our fundamental belief is that diversity of thought is our most powerful asset. We celebrate our employees’ differences in age, color, disability, ethnicity, family or marital status, gender identity or expression, language, national origin, physical and mental ability, political affiliation, race, religion, sexual orientation, socio-economic status, veteran status, and other characteristics that make our employees unique.