West Cary Group is a full-service, digital marketing and technology agency based in Richmond, Virginia, which services numerous mid-sized local and Fortune 500 clients across a vast array of industries. Hopefully you enjoy the frenetic, dynamic, and exciting environment of a fast-growing firm, because we’re looking for dynamic Copywriter.
Please note that this is an anticipated opening.
The ideal candidate will create written content for marketing communications and advertising campaigns.
- Has the proven ability to produce original copy ideas that capture the target audience's attention, motivate action, build brands and drive a client’s business forward
- Can effectively utilize multiple inputs – including a creative brief, research and other tools – to craft a compelling message
- Attends meetings with account executives, at which time the client's requirements and core messages are discussed
- Gains a deep understanding of the product, target audience and competitor activities in the market
- Explores different ideas and concepts for both the visual and verbal elements in union with the creative team
- Prepares multiple drafts of different initial options for the creative
- Takes feedback from client and internal stakeholders and uses it to make the work better
- Makes revisions to own work and on behalf of other team members
- Organizes workload for efficient time management
- Meets multiple schedule deadlines on time
- Has the facility to work across numerous platforms and channels to create media releases, letters of response, personal interviews, items for other departments, instruction manuals and others as needed
- Assists team leader and other copywriters as needed
- Considers laws governing copy, such as registered and trademarked symbols, country of origin and material construction
- Stays abreast of marketing trends, innovations and successes
- Other duties as assigned
- A Bachelor’s degree or a combination of education and professional experience is required.
- A minimum of 2 years’ writing experience in advertising or related field, including graduate advertising program or portfolio school
- Direct mail experience is strongly preferred.
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret all forms of information
- Ability to write for a variety of media and audiences
- Ability to interpret and adhere to client’s brand standards
- Ability to conform writing to prescribed style format
- Excellent written and verbal communication and presentation skills
- Ability to accept and learn from constructive criticism
- Must be well organized and detail oriented
- Must be team oriented but able to work independently on occasion
- Must demonstrate tact and diplomacy
- Ability to prioritize tasks and multi-task
- Must possess strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to meet deadlines (possibly working late hours and weekends if needed)
- Ability to follow oral and written instructions
- Familiarity with leading social media channels
- Experience working in a Mac-based environment
- Desire to keep up to date in trends in advertising, social media and other communications
- Paid vacation, sick leave and holidays
- Medical/Vision/Dental/Short-Term Disability/Long-Term Disability
- Employer paid Life insurance
- Flexible Spending Accounts: Health/Dependent Care
- 401(k) matching
- Cool people to work with!
West Cary Group LLC is committed to being an equal opportunity employer by fostering, cultivating, and preserving a culture of diversity, equity, and inclusion. Our fundamental belief is that diversity of thought is our most powerful asset. We celebrate our employees’ differences in age, color, disability, ethnicity, family or marital status, gender identity or expression, language, national origin, physical and mental ability, political affiliation, race, religion, sexual orientation, socio-economic status, veteran status, and other characteristics that make our employees unique.