Do you enjoy being physically active on the job? Do you like interacting with customers and helping others? If so, then we have the job for YOU!!!
Snowline Hospice is community-based, nonprofit organization, dedicated for over 40 years to meeting the unique physical, emotional, and spiritual needs of those who are nearing the end of life's journey. We care for patients throughout Sacramento County and El Dorado County. Snowline has 3 popular thrift store locations and a Reuse/ Processing Center where we employ over 60 staff members total. We are currently seeking a part-time Donation Receiver to join our team in our Folsom Store! The Donation Receiver greets, receives and handles donations from our community members. They will receive, sort, package, bale and process donated material in a manner which maximizes inventory flow and productivity. Our ideal candidate has excellent customer service skills and enjoys staying active on the job.
- One (1) year previous warehouse and/or retail experience, preferred
- Proven ability to follow instructions and success in carrying out instructions as given
- Ability to analyze a particular situation or assignment and using discernment decide what steps to take
- Excellent customer service skills
- Strong verbal communication skills and ability to read and write
- Receive and handle donations and recycling material, including furniture; while accepting donations, move material to sorting and/or recycling area; if necessary tactfully decline donation
- Provides outstanding customer service, to include but not limited to, greet customers promptly, communicate in a professional, friendly, hospitable manner and when possible, assist customer with moving donations from vehicle to intake area, thanks customer for donation.
- While using discernment, inspect, grade and sort donations/recycling material into appropriate categories including recyclables, textiles, house wares, special events, etc.
- Place/move materials/items into appropriate bin, rack, shelf, area and discard non-saleable/recyclable goods as defined by management
- Perform processing and movement of recycling material to include: order preparation, record keeping, storage container management, material rotation, packaging, shrink-wrapping and palletizing material
- With use of appropriate equipment, move heavy pallets and furniture in/out of storage container, to and from warehouse and showroom
- While sorting donations may be required to fold, hang and tag/price materials/items prior to placing in appropriate bin, rack, shelf or area
- Move or assist with the moving of merchandise to the sales floor
- Work special offsite recycling events and community or estate activities
- As needed, may assist truck/van drivers with donation pickups
- Follow safe work practices, to include but not limited to: participation in established job rotation, use correct body mechanics and lifting techniques, use applicable Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) keep work area clean and free from hazards
- Understand Snowline Hospice's mission and is able to answer questions about services offered by the organization
To learn more about Snowline, please visit our website at www.snowlinehospice.org, click on "Careers" for a list of current openings. APPLY TODAY and join the Snowline family.
Snowline Hospice is an Equal Opportunity Employer.