The Chemical DOT Driver’s primary responsibility is to transport chemical products and goods to and from our location to specified locations. This position will be a combination of route driving role as well as service our overnight deliveries in this regional area. Most of those are down one day and back the next which would allows for great home time. When there are no overnight trips on the schedule this position will be either doing local deliveries or working around the warehouse. You should be available to do an average of one or two overnights per week but be flexible to be out up to 4 nights per week under special circumstances.
- Drives truck to destination.
- Prepares receipts for load picked up.
- Collects payment for goods delivered and for delivery charges.
- Maintains truck log and vehicle inspection report, according to state and federal regulations.
- Maintains telephone or radio contact with supervisor to receive delivery instructions.
- Loads and unloads truck with forklift or using valves and hoses for bulk transport loads.
- Inspects truck equipment and supplies such as tires, lights, brakes, gas, oil, and water.
- Responsible for load and unload securement
- Driver may be asked to perform one overnight run per week.
- Must be at least 18 years of age; Must possess HS Diploma or GED; Chemical industry training highly preferred.
- Must have at least 2 years of verifiable experience operating a commercial vehicle; prefer 3 or more years experience.
- Experience transporting hazardous materials highly preferred;
- Class A Commercial Drivers License (CDL) and good driving record required;
- Previous experience in a chemical manufacturing plant, refinery or an industrial environment is highly preferred.
- Must be highly safety conscientious, awareness, strong attention to detail, including the ability to react quickly.
- Must be willing and able to work outside, year-round under various weather conditions.
- Must be capable of climbing, lifting up to 50 pounds, working in a confined space and from elevated platforms, and able to wear appropriate protective equipment.
- Must have NC “X” Endorsement.