At Asurint, we’re building a leading information-based technology company in Cleveland, Ohio. Asurint is on a mission to help our customers succeed by bringing innovation, flexibility and personal ownership to background screening – all while addressing the changing regulatory landscape. We measure our efforts by the success our customers enjoy and the positive onboarding experience of their employees. We are succeeding because they succeed.
Guided by our shared values, we thrive in an environment where collaboration and openness are valued. We believe that innovation is powered by perspective and that teamwork and respect for each other lead to superior results. We elevate each other and focus on doing the right thing. Our team serves with an understanding of their responsibility in the hiring process and with helping our customers make the most informed decisions. We focus on partnering with clients to elevate the background screening experience and, ultimately, the onboarding experience for all.
The Compliance Manager is responsible for implementing programs to meet federal, state, and local requirements to which the Company must comply including the Fair Credit Reporting Act, Drivers Privacy Protection Act, Gramm-Leach-Bliley Act, and all other applicable laws on the local, state, and federal level.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Adds value as a key member of management; understands the business, industry, clients, and strategy.
- Supervises employees, provides direction, coaches, trains and develops, hires, and manages performance to organization goals and expectations.
- Manages budgets and resources effectively and efficiently.
- Manages applicable vendors and outside service providers effectively; sets expectations and holds them accountable.
- Leads Compliance team which focuses primarily on internal and external audits, candidate disputes, and employee and client education.
- Collaborates or works with General Counsel to research new and existing laws, regulations, policies, and industry standards. Draft internal memorandum on any needed changes for General Counsel review and ensure appropriate client communication is distributed.
- Identifies existing and emerging business practice issues, impacts to products, and risks to the company. Consults with General Counsel to address these concerns.
- Proposes solutions relating to compliance requirements that impact the company’s products and business.
- Evaluates the adequacy of internal controls and identifies inefficient business processes that hinder compliance.
- Contributes to the acquisition of new business by maintaining state-of-the-art compliance programs and providing leadership in the industry.
- Develops and tracks effective compliance training programs, including appropriate introductory training for new employees as well as ongoing training for all employees and managers.
- Other duties as required.
- Experience leading at the functional level is preferred.
- Experience in a related professional field, with emphasis on business operations or law is preferred.
- Experience in legal and regulatory compliance and advising on their application is required.
- Experience with reporting and analytics, analyzing data, and presenting to management is preferred.
- Experience with the legal/court system is preferred.
- Experience with background screening is preferred.
- Proficiency in MS Office [Outlook, Excel, Word] or similar software is required. Relevant business management systems such as general ledger, HRIS, CRM, etc. is preferred. Salesforce is preferred.
Education and Experience:
- Education: High School diploma or equivalent is required. Bachelor’s degree is preferred.
- Certifications or licensure: Drivers’ license and ability to maintain a driving record that is satisfactory to the Company’s liability insurance carrier is required.
- Years of relevant experience: 5 to 7 years is preferred.
Working Conditions and Physical Requirements:
- The work environment involves everyday risks or discomforts that require normal safety precautions typical of offices, which includes the need for general safe workplace practices with office equipment and computers, avoidance of trips and falls, and observance of fire regulations.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet to moderate.
- Years of experience supervising: 2 to 5 years is preferred.
- This position is performed in an office setting although off-site meetings in various settings occur.
- The schedule is generally normal business hours although there is a requirement to perform work, attend meetings and events before or after normal workings hours, and occasionally on weekends and evenings.
- Some travel by personal automobile and a valid drivers’ license is required. Occasional overnight travel is required.
- Lift light objects [less than 20 pounds] and carry them short distances [20 feet or less].
In exchange for your unique abilities, perspectives & teamwork, ASURINT offers an excellent benefit package which includes:
- Competitive salary
- Medical/Dental & Vision effective first day of employment
- Short & Long Term Disability
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Open Time Off & eight company paid holidays
- Business Casual Attire
- Employee Referral Bonus
*Asurint is an EEOC Employer*