Direct Support (DSP) & Skills Coach, Employment Community First (ECF)
Are you passionate about helping others? Would you like to make a difference in the life of someone with an intellectual or developmental disability? If you answered yes, we encourage you to apply for a Full-Time position in our Employment Community First (ECF) program!
Our ECF Program is all about helping our members:
- Find employment in the community, and provide job coaching that encourages their independence and skill-building.
And, participate in fun activities like:
- Joining a local cooking class in order to help teach independent living skills.
- Teaching money management skills by community-based budgeting & spending opportunities.
- Exploring the member's interests and strengths, such as photography, fitness, or the arts and theatre.
- Volunteering locally to promote community involvement.
- Educate members on how to advocate for themselves while providing the support they need to make decisions.
The person in this position will report to, and work closely with the ECF Program Manager. They will become familiar with each waiver’s regulations, communicate regularly with the Independent Support Coordinators, gain knowledge of each Person-Centered Support Plans (PCSP) or Individual Support Plans (ISP), and will be responsible for completing detailed documentation.
This is a valuable position that will provide the employee with the satisfaction and fulfillment that comes along with doing good for others in our community. Waves also offers the following benefits for Full-Time eligible employees:
- Affordable Medical, Dental, and Vision insurance.
- Company Paid Life and Long-Term Disability Insurance
- Additional Life Insurance options
- Retirement Savings Plan with a generous Company Match
- Paid Time Off
- Referral Bonus
All Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) is provided to our employees in order to reduce risk and maintain a healthy environment. COVID protocols and policies are in place to protect both our employees as well as the people we support.
- High school diploma and experience in a related field.
- Must be able to complete a pre-employment Criminal Background Report and Drug Screen.
- Ability to lift up to 40 pounds at a time.
- Have a Tennessee driver’s license and reliable transportation.
- Intermediate computer skills are required. Staff will use technology for daily documentation and to help the person receiving support to engage in their communities.