The Engine Field Rebuild Technician is responsible for providing high quality repair service to in the field engines such as 3500s, 3600s, and 3300s.
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
· Troubleshoot Natural Gas Engines and Compressors
· Complete field repairs – which may include rebuild tasks
· Service, maintain, and test engine shutdowns
· Set-up, disassembly/re-assembly, overhaul, and rebuild of Caterpillar and allied diesel and natural gas powered industrial engines and related components
· Test, measure, and adjust engine systems and components
· Identify failures through logical troubleshooting steps and failure analysis
· Prepare and submit detailed, complete and legible service reports of all inspection and actions performed using prescribed forms and procedures in a timely manner
· Maintain work area, tools, and equipment to promote and clean and safe environment
· Keep up to date with developments in tooling, technologies, and systems
WHAT YOU’LL NEED:
· Requires general knowledge of engines, electrical, electronic, hydraulic, mechanical, pneumatic systems and components.
· General knowledge of basic hand tools, air tools, precision measuring tools and instruments, laptops, diagnostic software and cranes and rigging equipment.
· This position requires the ability to provide accurate information to management for quoting.
· Must be able to obtain or currently possess adequate tooling to perform all assigned duties.
· One to three years related experience and/or training.
· Must be at least 21 to be assigned and operate field vehicle
· Will be certified prior to operating a forklift and/or man lift
· May be required to complete DOT physical
· May require MSHA certification
· Flexibility to work various schedules including shift work, required overtime and on-call.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to climb or balance. The employee is occasionally required to sit or smell. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus. The employee is routinely lifting up to 20 pounds and occasionally lifting up to 50 pounds.
The employee is regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts and toxic or caustic chemicals. The employee is frequently exposed to wet and/or humid conditions; high, precarious places; fumes or airborne particles; outside weather conditions; extreme cold and extreme heat. The employee is occasionally exposed to risk of electrical shock and vibration.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Required travel up to 100%. This is a field job and may require overnight stays.
The Job description is subject to change by the employer as the needs of the employer and requirements of the job change.
This is a safety sensitive position.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)