CLIENT SERVICE SPECIALIST
We are not your typical financial advisor and we are not looking for the typical candidate. We are a team of authentic, humble, passionate, reliable, dedicated, and compassionate individuals. Our goal is to find and reward great people that support our collaborative work environment. Our passion for providing industry-leading service to our clients is what drives us. We are looking for team members that can make us even better!
For almost three decades, Dowling & Yahnke has been part of a revolution in wealth management that has now spread throughout the industry — independent, transparent, and world-class financial advice driven by personal relationships and free of competing incentives.
We started our firm for a simple reason — it was the right thing to do. While others have copied our model, we continue to lead the way through a commitment to continuous education, a time-tested and academically supported investment philosophy, and unwavering dedication of excellence to our clients.
For these reasons, Dowling & Yahnke is one of the largest independent, fee-only wealth advisory firms in San Diego, managing approximately $4 billion for more than 1,000 clients. We serve high-net-worth clients by offering objective financial planning advice and investment management services.
We are seeking a highly motivated, detail oriented, and experienced Client Service Specialist to join our team, reporting to Staci Harris, Client Service Supervisor. The successful candidate will possess exceptional attention to detail, as well as a strong command of the English language with emphasis on writing, grammar, and punctuation. The Client Service Assistant is expected to make a direct impact to the business by onboarding clients, working with Lead Advisors to support the needs of our clients, and acting as a liaison with our custodian, always delivering superior customer service.
• Manage the end-to-end basics of onboarding new clients: prepare custodial paperwork to facilitate initial account investment, establish accounts with custodian, and reconcile holdings and cost basis on new and transferred accounts
• Provide superior internal and external client service by learning to anticipate client needs, manage expectations and deliver quality product in a timely manner
• As requested by the Lead Advisor, provide client support by data gathering, acting as the liaison between the custodian and the Lead Advisor, and being well versed in all custodian offerings
• Perform general administrative support to Lead Advisors, including templated correspondence, scanning investment statements, reports generation, trade confirmation reconciliation, and other paperwork
• Provide elementary technical support for the Lead Advisor, including data gathering, modeling and case design support, presentation development, etc.
• Maintain client accounts, records, and systems in accordance with firm standards
• Perform daily reconciliation of internal accounting system with custodians
• Research and resolve client inquiries in a timely manner; escalate more complex issues to more senior staff or supervisor
• Review daily reports and alerts to ensure data integrity
• Educate clients on account services and capabilities, participate in client onboarding, including review of account materials for signature and digital concierge
• Participate in quarterly and annual reporting processes
• Other duties and projects as assigned
QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS:
• BA/BS degree required
• Minimum one (1) to three (3) years work experience in Financial Services; working knowledge of operations in a Registered Investment Adviser (RIA) firm highly preferred
• Experience with Schwab Web and Schwab Institutional, Tamarac, and Salesforce CRM, a plus
• Excellent written and oral communication skills required, including spelling, grammar, punctuation, and business writing
• Proficient in all MS Office applications, particularly Word, Excel, and Outlook
• Professional, personable, tactful, efficient, and self-motivated.
• Strong interpersonal skills and sense of teamwork valued.
• Strong organizational skills, multitasking, accuracy, service-minded, and meticulous adherence to details required.
• Entrepreneurial-minded approach to business; small/midsize company experience preferred.
• Strong written and verbal communications skills.
This position is non-exempt and is paid according to the laws of the State of California.
Dowling & Yahnke offers a competitive salary, as well as a comprehensive benefits package and profit sharing plan. The chosen candidate will be required to successfully complete a full background/credit check at the offer stage.
Dowling & Yahnke, LLC is an Equal Opportunity employer. No relocation assistance is offered for this position; candidates not residing in San Diego County, CA will be responsible for relocation at their own expense. Eligible candidates will be able to provide proof of eligibility to work in the United States without support; sponsorship is not available.