The Human Resources Manager provides support to the Center through assistance with all aspects of human resources including employee relations, development, regulatory compliance, compensation initiatives, recruitment, and oversight of training and benefits administration.
· Plans, organizes, administers, and measures work activities required by the Human Resources Department.
· Supervises all employment activities, including recruitment, testing, reference checking, and related employment matters.
· Supervises the preparation and maintenance of procedures for new hires, transfers, separations, salary changes, and other personnel practices.
· Maintains the wage and salary administration program, including labor grades, position assignment, and related wage and salary administration matters.
· Oversees presentation of employee benefits such as life, health, long-term disability, tuition reimbursement, and retirement plan for Center employees.
· Maintains adequate records on each employee as relates to the employee benefits program.
· Monitors all EEO, OFCCP, and Corporate Policies and Procedures.
· Assists supervisory and reviews all Discipline Notices, including coaching, verbal, and written warnings, suspensions, and terminations.
· Processes employee payroll information and HRIS information accurately and in a timely manner.
· Oversees and ensures all personnel records in a confidential manner.
· Establishes and improves employee relations to foster a high level of performance from all employees.
· Evaluates staff performance and recommends merit increase and discipline.
· Provides support, training, and counseling to staff as needed.
· Oversees and ensures staff training is being conducted and attended.
· Monitors the use of overtime and substitute staff in all department areas. Reports any problematic occurrences to the Center Director. Ensures that accountability practices are sound, i.e., O/T reporting beginning with pre-approval, data entry, etc. Holds supervisors/managers accountable for scheduling discrepancies resulting in overtime.
· Monitors area of responsibility to ensure timely and high-quality services.
· Works toward meeting performance management goals.
· Continual support and adherence to the CDSS plan and Code of Conduct system.
· Adheres to required property control policies and procedures.
· Complies with all DOL guidelines, OFCCP regulation, Quality Assurance Plan (QAP) The Bizzell Group’s policies and procedures, Job Corps notices and bulletins, and Center policies and procedures.
· Maintains good housekeeping in all areas and complies with safety practices.
· Available to employees to hear concerns, complaints, suggestions, and questions and help resolve problems.
· Demonstrates and abides by The Bizzell Group's core values and operating principles.
· Models, mentors, and monitors appropriate Career Success Standards.
- Helps students become more employable through continuous reinforcement.
· Follows CDSS plan and Code of Conduct system daily.
· Evaluates personnel under his/her management and makes recommendations regarding disciplinary actions, promotions, and/or merit increases.
· Participation in PRH-mandated staff training is mandatory. Failure to participate may result in disciplinary action up to and including termination.
Performs other duties as assigned
· Presents information both clearly and concisely and regularly confirms the correct interpretation of information.
· Very high standard of communication skills both written and verbal for the presentation of facts and ideas.
· Shows professional non-verbal body language and actively listens to others.
Organization of Work
· Action-oriented. Demonstrates the ability to handle several projects simultaneously with decision-making, flexibility, and problem-solving.
· Implements the key principles of time management, task allocation, and priority assignment in addition to personal organization.
· Shows attention to detail and ability to complete work with the highest level of accuracy and efficiency.
· Continually seek ways to improve employment services provided via the development of professional skills and personal growth.
· Demonstrates professional interpersonal skills when interacting with others. Abides by The Bizzell Group’s Healthy Workplace Environment policy.
· Acts as a team player and builds professional relationships with coworkers to achieve goals.
Leadership & Management
· Ability to exceptionally manage and lead staff from diverse backgrounds.
· Committed to investing in and developing staff and positioning them to succeed.
· Mission-oriented and possesses a strategic vision.
· Motivates staff and provides coaching and/or feedback when needed.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
Proficiency with advanced Microsoft Office applications including Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, and Excel.
Computer Literacy with basic computer functions, email, internet, and basic programs such as Adobe Acrobat.
Outstanding and high level of communication skills, organizational skills, interpersonal skills, and conflict resolution skills.
Knowledge of federal, state, and local labor laws and regulatory compliance.
Proficiency with payroll and/or HR applications and programs or quick ability to learn.
Four to six years of related experience and/or training. One-year supervisory experience preferred.
Bachelor’s degree from a four-year college or university in Business Management, Human Services, Psychology, or related field required and/or equivalent combination of education and experience which must be reviewed and approved by the DOL Regional Office.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
Professional in Human Resources Certification (PHR) preferred. Valid State Driver’s License.