Bizzell is a management and consulting firm with a mission to improve lives and accelerate positive change. We deliver award-winning services to a diverse portfolio of clients to help build healthy, secure, and sustainable communities across the globe. Bizzell’s multi-disciplinary team works in health solutions, workforce innovation, managed services, and global programs. Specifically, they offer expertise in program management, research and evaluation, communication and outreach, training and technical assistance, policy analysis, and development.
At Bizzell, we are passionate about the work that we do and about the people we positively impact. Our vision, mission, and goals truly reflect our desire to make a real difference in this world. We want to work with people that share the same values, and we are hoping this could be you!
Bizzell is seeking Human Resources Specialist, Sr., to support our contract agency U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs. In this role, you will assist the Director of Human Resources with the implementation of services, policies, and programs.
· Provides expertise for HR programs requiring expert knowledge of federal HR terminology, operations, procedures, and requirements.
· May perform tasks in any area/s of HR, including policy.
· Must be capable of completing high-quality work expeditiously under minimal supervision.
· May act as Team Lead over lower-level positions.
· This position performs work in support of human resource professionals that requires a good working knowledge of personnel procedures, guides, and precedents.
· Job tasks may include interviewing applicants, obtaining references, and recommending placement in a well-defined occupation.
· At this level, assistants typically have a range of personal contacts within and outside the organization, in addition to handling employee-sensitive material.
· Therefore, the Assistant must be tactful, discrete, and articulate.
· This Assistant may be involved in identifying potential issues and grievance procedures, in addition to documenting necessary information to avoid company threat.
· The Personnel Assistant III may make recommendations to human resource professionals on job classification, wage rates, and employee salaries.
· The use of computers may be relied on heavily for organizational and reporting purposes.
· Advanced experience with office software packages may be needed.
· This Assistant may perform some clerical work in addition to the above duties.
· Supervisor will review completed work against stated objectives.
· Demonstrated ability to perform and prioritize multiple tasks in a fast-paced, high-volume environment.
· Cross-cultural sensitivity, knowledge of, and ability to work with people of diverse backgrounds.
· Considerable knowledge of human resource law, principles, and practices.
· Excellent interpersonal skills, strong communication skills, and team-oriented outlook.
· Strong working knowledge of Human Resource Information Systems and Microsoft products including Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and Outlook.
· High School Diploma / GED. College degree is preferred.
· Experience requirement: Minimum 2 years in federal human resources
This position description should not be construed to imply that these requirements are the exclusive standards of the position, nor will it be the sole basis for any subsequent employee evaluations.
Bizzell is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, union status and/or beliefs, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law.