The Business Development Specialist is an integral part of Allovue’s sales team. In this role, you will be responsible for finding innovative ways to interest senior school district leaders (Superintendents, CFOs, Budget Directors, etc.) to ensure they are making every dollar work for every student. At Allovue, we do not pester our future customers with nonstop emails and cold calls. We get to know them and their districts, then find ways to make authentic connections to build the top of our sales pipeline for Account Advisors. As the Business Development Specialist, you’ll be responsible for building on this approach with new methods of tailored outreach. Your success will be measured by the number of qualified leads you bring into the pipeline.
You’ll Love this Because…
You are not tasked with making hundreds of cold-calls per day. You’ll step into a well-founded process that results in consistent top-of-funnel creation, but be given the autonomy to build upon that process. Regular feedback to grow your skillsets. You’ll travel - our team is slated to head to events across the country (assuming COVID safety, of course). You’ll have the support of an experienced Sales and Marketing team to back you up.
What You’ll Do
- Act as the front line for Allovue by engaging with prospective customers in cabinet or administrative positions (superintendents, CFOs, budget directors)
- Source qualified leads through in-person or virtual events, 1:1 hyper-targeted outreach, and your own research
- Spearhead outreach efforts to generate new leads
- Qualify leads by having a consultative discovery conversation, asking great questions, taking thorough notes, and building excitement for our solutions
- Deliver webinars to engage with future customers
- Represent Allovue at 10-20 conferences each year (travel up to 40% pending COVID safety)
- Maintain good data hygiene in HubSpot
We’re looking for someone who is…
- The type of person who has been told they can ‘make friends with anyone'
- A lifelong learner with genuine curiosity, who is highly inquisitive
- A quick learner and able to accept feedback and to be held accountable
- Comfortable with fully remote work, highly communicative, and able to juggle being both self-motivated for independent work and reliably collaborative to work as a team
- An engaging presenter and facilitator
- Reliable and has a strong record of success in their prior roles
Ideally, you have...
- Experience in business development, teaching, or theatre (yes, really!)
- A magnanimous personality and high emotional intelligence
- Strong and persuasive communication (including listening, writing, and speaking)
- A knack for being highly organized and detail-oriented