The Printer, Inc. (TPI) is a full service printer specializing in complex variable data printing in the casino gaming industry. We are a privately held company that has been in business for over 40 years. TPI is always looking for committed, hard working, self-motivated individuals that take pride and accountability in their work. TPI rewards their employees with competitive salaries.
TPI is currently seeking full-time experienced Cutter Operators for 1st & 2nd shift in the Bindery department.
We are offering a $1,500 sign-on-bonus and up to $5,000 in relocation assistance for experienced candidates willing to relocate to Las Vegas, NV.
Position Summary: This position will set-up and operate the paper Cutter machine in the Bindery department. This position will also maintain the Cutter machine, troubleshoot and resolve mechanical challenges and follow stringent quality control processes.
- Set up and operate cutting machine according to work order.
- Perform maintenance, troubleshoot and resolve printing and mechanical challenges.
- Confirm proper materials are being utilized in the production of products.
- Follow strict quality control measures and pay close attention to detail.
- Visually inspect products throughout run for quality.
- Must meet schedules and tight deadlines while being responsible for ensuring quality work.
- Ability to perform varying work within tight deadlines and fast-paced environment.
- Work closely with other team members to exceed customer expectations.
- Ability to work a full-time schedule including over-time on weekends.
- Comply with all safety policies and procedures.
- Lift and load paper to machine and remove from machine.
- Operate pallet jacks to transport paper as needed.
- Other duties as assigned
- History of performing well under pressure.
- Individual should be mechanically inclined and possess problem-solving skills.
- Good communication and comprehension skills both written and verbal.
- Team and goal oriented.
- Must be very detail oriented.
Preferred Education and Experience
- At least two years successful experience as a CUTTER machine operator in a bindery setting.
- Other bindery equipment operating experience a plus.
Physical Demands: Standing for extended periods and frequent lifting of up to 25 lbs. Continuous vision. Occasional lifting up to 50 lbs. Pushing/pulling up to 50 lbs. to move palletized load. Frequent reaching, twisting, and gripping up to 25 lbs. to move paper stock. Occasional crouching and use of hand tools during routine machine maintenance.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work: This is a full-time position. Typical hours are Monday through Friday. 1st shift is 7:00 a.m. to 3:30 p.m.; 2nd shift is 3:00 p.m. to 11:30 p.m.; 3rd shift is 11:00 p.m. to 7:30 a.m. Weekend hours may be required during peak production times. This position typically works 40-50 hours per week.
TPI recognizes that people come with a wealth of experience and talent beyond just the technical requirements of the job. If your experience is close to what you see listed here, please still consider applying. Diversity of experience and skills combined with passion is a key to innovation and excellence; therefore, we encourage people from all backgrounds to apply to our positions. Please let us know if you require accommodations during the interview process.