**$16 an hour**
WHO WE ARE
ABC Home & Commercial is a family owned and operated business, providing a fun, stable, and challenging environment to grow, learn, and serve in our community. We’re pleased to have a diverse group of employees and believe strongly in a work/life balance while building long-term, trusting relationships with our customers and employees. At ABC you’ll quickly learn what it’s like to become part of a team that believes in fulfilling commitments, serving others, supporting families, and building our community. To learn more about ABC and to view a full list of our services, visit www.abchomeandcommercial.comm
HOW YOU CAN HELP US
As ABC’s Pest Mechanic Helper, you will be responsible for assisting the Pest Mechanic with maintenance of all equipment used by the Specialists. Professional behavior is expected at all times while at work when dealing with Specialists requests or vendors. Listens to associate’s concerns in regards to all ABC equipment and vehicles; provides and suggest proper solutions to address their concerns.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
· Uses test equipment such as pressure testing and other tools to identify equipment problems.
· Must have the ability to read equipment manuals, understand and follow instructions for disassembling and reassembling equipment. Repairs malfunctioning equipment efficiently in a timely fashion.
· Per the Mechanic’s instructions - makes adjustments to equipment, calibrates, cleans and lubricates equipment.
· Picks up parts and machines from various vendors.
· Follows routine maintenance schedules of all equipment according to specifications for optimal performance.
· Assists in keeping records for inspections and parts used.
· Uses personal protective equipment at all times as is required by safety standards and for prevention purposes.
· Meets deadlines of work assigned and informs Service Manager of all delayed work.
· Responsible for knowing and following all company and department policies and protocols, including the PTO policy.
· Attend required department meetings and company or vendor training as required.
· Your readiness to work on Saturday may be necessary if work is not completed during normal workdays.
· Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; participating in training provided by the company or the manufacturers.
· Other duties as assigned by Service Manager and Mechanic.
WHAT WE LOOK FOR
· Basic knowledge of small equipment repair, maintenance, and repair.
· Ability to work with and distinguish various types of tools used for equipment repair.
· Must be able to communicate with members at all levels of the organization and customers.
· Dependable and self-motivated with desire to work year-round.
· Must maintain an active Driver’s license and submit copy of renewed license to HR.
· Ability to stand for long periods of time in extreme temperatures including outdoors.
· Capability to crawl under equipment and work for long periods of time on the knees.
· Repetitive lifting, twisting, pulling, pushing and carry up to 100 lbs. may be required.
· Ability to carry a 40 lb. backpack throughout the day.
· Knowledgeable & able to handle power tools, drills, saws, etc.
WHAT WE OFFER
· Health, Dental, Vision & Life Insurance
· 401(k) with company matching
· Paid vacation and sick leave (PTO)
· Profit sharing bonuses
· Lead Now Program for all employees to increase earnings and pay
· Company clubs & committees, and company outings
· Paid trainings and development opportunities
· Tuition reimbursement
· Educational scholarships for employees and family members
· Wellness program, including gym membership
· Company vehicle with gas card (for service specialists)
ABC is an Equal Opportunity Employer and participates in the E-Verify Program.