Hourigan is the go-to fully integrated construction management and development firm when it comes to managing complex projects and delivering them to the highest standards. Our portfolio is filled with many success stories, but we’re most proud of the strong relationships we have built and continue to grow. We’re focused on establishing solid partnerships that are based on collaboration, trust, and respect. Our team approaches each moment with our shared values—lead forward, serve with integrity, and never disappoint—in mind. If you have a collaborative mindset, crave to a make a difference, and want to elevate your career, we have a place for you.
Hourigan has an opening for a Safety Specialist. This position is responsible for ensuring safety compliance by our employees and subcontractors working at our jobsites, as well as assisting our Safety Directors with safety trainings.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Support Hourigan’s safety culture by setting an example of following all safe work practices and procedures.
- Conduct jobsite inspections at the direction of the Safety Director; help identify findings and recommend corrective action
- Facilitate or assist with safety training and orientations, as well as first aid/CPR trainings.
- Conduct or assist weekly safety meetings
- Participate in pre-construction meetings for Hourigan projects, highlighting project safety needs and issues.
- Verify subcontractors training on all applicable equipment.
- Assist with the development of site-specific safety procedures.
- Confirm that employees are issued personal protective equipment; manage PPE inventory
- Provide resources and support to ensure positive safety and health outcomes in line with the Hourigan SHMS.
Qualifications and Experience:
- BS in Safety and Health or related degree, and/or equivalent experience
- 1-3 years of experience in Safety and Environmental Health in a Commercial Construction environment is preferred
- OSHA 30, OSHA 510, or OSHA 500 certification required
- First Aid/CPR/AED certifications required
- Working knowledge of construction safety principles, techniques, and methods
- Strong understanding of OSHA laws, regulations, and policies
- Capable of identifying known potential exposures and recommending corrective action
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications (Excel, Work, Power Point, Project, etc.)
- Tolerance for ambiguity and change in a high-speed environment.
- Applies a customer-centric mindset to all work efforts
- Approaches challenges with empathy, multiple solutions, and collaboration
- Highly entrepreneurial and self-motivated with the ability to work equally well individually or in a team setting.
- Approach every responsibility and interaction with a high level of integrity, fairness, care, and concern
- Lead forward by seeing challenges as a way to create new possibilities and solutions
- Consistently deliver beyond expectations to provide exceptional results
- Some travel may be required
We offer our full-time employees a competitive benefits package including, but not limited to: medical, dental, vision, and life insurances, short-term and long-term disability, 401k employer match, and paid time off.
The summary of essential duties and responsibilities listed above is not intended to cover all possible job duties and is subject to change at our discretion.
Hourigan is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applications will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, age, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, amnesty or protected Veteran status in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws.