Norfolk Kitchen & Bath is one of New England's largest family owned K&B businesses and we focus on providing high quality and value to our customers. The Project Manager role is part of our installation team and will partner with our designers to complete the customer's vision of their new kitchen or bath project.
We opened our 6th location in Framingham February 2021 and the response and success of the location has been above expectations. We believe the value and expertise Norfolk is able to provide both in design and ability to offer full remodel and installation services sets us apart.
Is Norfolk Kitchen & Bath may be the best place for you? If you are an experienced Project Manager with hands-on, remodeling fields experience and take pride in the completed project, we'd like to meet.
The Project Manager will be key in managing the installation or remodeling process for the customer. You will be responsible for all aspects of the role including coordination of subcontractors, internal installation crew and customer relations.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
· Serve as main point of contact between trades, customer, designer and all internal departments.
· Oversee installation crews including site visits and finding resolution to any field condition challenges.
· Communicate and update customers, subcontractors, installers and salespeople on a regular basis with the progress of installations.
· Work with Project Coordinators to schedule install dates with customers, salesperson, installers and subcontractors.
· Verify the appropriate permitting is planned for contracted scope of work.
· Setup delivery of materials to the customer with our shipping department.
· Coordinate payments of materials and labor per the agreements.
· Follow up on punch lists in a quick manner and instruct install crews to complete open items.
· Ensure that any materials that are needed to be ordered are done so and schedule labor as needed to complete the punch list.
· Provide a high level of professionalism and customer service to both internal and external customers
· Other assignments as needed to complete jobs.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
· Ability to read blueprints and complete accurate take-offs.
· Ability to handle multiple projects, changing priorities and steady workloads
· Strong business acumen and able to understand financial concepts of jobs
· Knowledge and understanding of established construction practices/techniques
· Highly organized with strong time management and problem solving skills
· Proficient in using Microsoft and able to learn industry software (BuilderTrend, Bistrack)
· Excellent problem solving skills and able to keep calm in stressful, time sensitive situations
· Strong oral and written communication skills.
Education and Experience
· 5+ years remodel project management experience, preferably in cabinet or construction industry.
· 3+ years direct supervision of carpenters
· Prior vocational/higher education preferred
· Prior construction field experience
· Valid Massachusetts Construction Supervisors License (CSL)
· Able to use tools in field to assist on jobs
· Able to sit for long periods of time
· Able to work in varying working conditions – office, warehouse, job site, outdoors
· Frequently required to walk distances over 200 yards.
· May be exposed to heavy equipment such as delivery vehicles or fork trucks.
· Occasionally exposed to moving mechanical parts in or near the operation of vehicles or equipment in the plant, yard and warehouse areas.
· Valid driver’s license needed to be able to travel to job sites