The Senior Director of Sales - Industrial is responsible for leading the sales force for a $300M+ sales group and is the top sales position for one of three global strategic business units.
- Develops and implements sales strategies for a highly engineered and diverse line of industrial products.
- Works to collaborate in executing global growth strategies and delivering year over year sales and profit improvement through growth, innovation and best in class execution.
- Grows the business by leading the sales team to build strategic relationships and business with current customers and identify and close business with new customers.
- Demonstrates a deep understanding of assigned marketplace by driving maximum margins while remaining competitive and ensuring brand integrity, quality, and customer service.
- Coaches and develops the sales and customer service leaders to deliver results and support growth expectations.
- Develops engagement strategies for vertical markets, accounts, and pricing execution to maintain and grow OEM, MRO and the aftermarket.
- Lead, develop, and implement sales teams, metrics, and strategies to profitably grow the business.
- Deliver year-over-year sales & profit improvement and assist Sr. Vice President in developing and implementing strategic plan.
- Foster a collaborative, optimistic, and results-focused culture through sales team leadership and cross-functional relationships in a matrix environment.
- Implement sound practices for relevant data collection and dissemination, including VOC through prospect & customer engagement to support alignment with Product team & strategy.
- Foster development and accountability of sales funnel with global sales teams.
- Lead OEM Business to Business sales execution and grow strategic account management in the organization.
- Lead team in execution of go to market strategies for selected vertical markets to profitably grow market share
- Deliver effective strategic decisions on viability of product lines, profitability reviews, locations, growth opportunities, new markets, talent.
- Guide customer service leadership to foster a continuous improvement culture with customer centric practices.
- Create and foster relationships as the face of all brands through being actively involved in the marketplace and recognized as a leader within assigned industry.
- Use effective conflict resolution and problem solving skills to trouble shoot and prioritize win-win customer solutions that engage new and retain existing customers.
- Lead strategic analysis of global sales objectives and market share opportunities.
- Deliver reliable forecasting, sales cycle tracking and data/metrics to the business.
- Recognize mitigation opportunities to off-set market and churn.
- Growth process execution featuring set metrics, a common language, processes and tools required from VOC to concept to commercialization.
- Participate in executive customer interaction.
- Perform other duties as identified and/or assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Business or related area required, plus a minimum of 15 years of experience leading a team of sales professionals. Experience in global leadership, and leading leaders preferred.
Experience and/or Training:
- Demonstrated exceptional written and verbal (presentation) communication skills. Prior experience in marketing execution including market segmentation, value proposition development, product positioning, pricing strategy, branding strategy, and channel strategy.
- Experience supporting company initiatives, strategic direction and establishing cooperation between functional departments of the company.
- Experience driving new channels and product growth in the aftermarket.
- Solid interpersonal and customer service skills to developed strong partnerships with global OEM executives and key influencers.
- Motivating and inspirational presentation and communication skills.
- Established in-roads to industry associations and sources/connected to the industry.
- Demonstrates a strong sales acumen, specifically the ability to close sales.
- Effective strategic decision making on the viability of product lines, profitability, growth opportunities and new markets.
- Demonstrates curiosity.
- Technology/Equipment: Proficient with data analysis, reporting and experience using CRM such as salesforce.com.
- Requires approximately 60% travel domestically and abroad; must have satisfactory driving record and ability to satisfy global travel requirements.