ImOn Communications is the LOCAL choice for cable TV, high-speed Internet and phone service. We value the relationships we have with colleagues, customers, and members of our community and look forward to serving Eastern Iowa for many years to come. As we expand our service availability we are looking for a Direct Sales Representative to be a part of the ImOn Difference! Our employees share a passion for building a culture of “Creating Connections One Person at a Time” and fostering a fun and rewarding work environment.
The Direct Sales Representative represents ImOn Communications to potential customers for the purpose of selling Internet, Phone and Cable service according to company policies and standards. Sales representatives work from HUB lead sheets to call on homes and increase service penetration in assigned areas. The Direct Sales Representative is responsible for achieving an assigned installed sales quota based on number of sales, net contribution per sale, and monthly recurring review per sale.
Essential Job Responsibilities for Primary Functional Area of Accountability
- Make door-to-door internet, phone, and cable sales presentations in order to sell any one or combination of these services to potential in assigned territory.
- Assure customer satisfaction through entire selling process.
- Maximize potential for customers to purchase and retain their internet, phone, and cable services.
- Provide complete and accurate information, promote the value of internet, phone, and cable effectively, and sell based on customer profiles as well as full consideration of all options available.
- Present information regarding products, services, rates, installation fees, campaign requirements, and special offers in a clear, concise, accurate, and professional manner.
- Promote a positive company image at all times.
- Meet productivity standards set by the department and perform at a level to acquire the maximum number of subscribers.
- Turn in all sales including required documentation and monies collected in a timely manner.
- Keep accurate records, report sales activity and results accurately, and notify supervisor of all problems/difficulties as they occur.
- Follow up on all leads, inquiries, complaints, and other messages in a timely manner.
- Keep appointments with customers.
- Attend meetings and training sessions as required.
- Work flexible hours, which includes evenings and some weekends.
We are looking for someone who is:
- Influence & Persuasion: Able to convince others in either positive or negative circumstances; use tact when expressing ideas or opinions; present new ideas to authority figures; adapt presentations to suite a particular audience; respond to objections successfully.
- Flexibility: Able to remain open-minded and change options on the basis of new information; perform a wide variety of tasks and change focus quickly as demands change; manage transitions effectively from task to task; adapt to varying customer needs.
- Customer Focus: Able to demonstrate a high level of service delivery; do what is necessary to ensure customer satisfaction; deal with service failures and prioritize customer needs.
- Integrity: Able to be tactful, maintain confidences, and foster an ethical work environment; prevent inappropriate behavior by coworkers; give proper credit to others; handle all situations honestly.
- Negotiating: Able to obtain agreement from multiple parties; earn trust while working out a deal; use good timing and carefully calculated strategies when bargaining; communicate high value of services; identify hidden agendas that might interfere with resolution of terms.
- Must have good customer service, verbal and written communication skills.
- Must be well organized and detailed oriented.
Required Experience, Training, and Special Qualifications
· 2 years of college; or equivalent combination of sales experience and college education required.
· 2+ years’ experience sales/marketing; door to door sales experience a plus.
· Basic computer knowledge.
· Flexibility to work within non-standard business hours to ensure that sales quota is met.
· A warm and professional presentation style.
· Professional appearance, conducive to an office and field environment, is required.
· Must have valid driver’s license, good driving record and reliable transportation.
· Must be well organized and detailed oriented with consistent exercise of independent judgment and discretion in matters of significance.
In addition to competitive pay, ImOn also offers health & dental insurance, 401(k), discounted Cable, Internet & Phone services, and additional perks such as FREE vision insurance, FREE life insurance as well as FREE short term/long term disability, vacation & holiday pay, and community volunteer opportunities.