Join PURIS and be a part of our aspiration to build a PLANT STRONG PLANET. PURIS brings food growers, food makers, and food eaters together to feed the growing plant-based revolution. Here in the USA we manufacture organic and non-GMO, plant-based ingredients that form the basis of some of the fastest growing products on your grocer's shelves. We provide a safe and secure food supply that is made in the USA. Our model is grounded in 30 years of non-GMO natural breeding and sustained by an alliance of domestic growers and partners who share our high standards. Our process ensures a wholesome journey from seed to solution.
As a Conditioning Supervisor at PURIS you will use your in-depth technical and process knowledge to improve pea flour milling process capability and develop, implement and monitor Control Strategies for all Process critical control variables, and own PURIS pea flour manufacturing processes to ensure manufacturing outcomes meet or exceed company goals while maintaining a safe working environment.
Conditioning Supervisor must also embody the PURIS Core Values: Integrity, Leadership, Openness, Global Vision, Adaptability, and Partnership.
Summary of Essential Job Functions
- Manages the cleaning facility within specified parameters to ensure financial and operating targets are met and/or exceeded
- Establishes, maintains and conducts ongoing analysis of processes and procedures in order to identify and act upon trends, internal and external customer requirements and potential business opportunities
- Demonstrates high degree of knowledge of product quality in order to provide accurate and timely information/advice to plant manager and other internal stakeholders
- Works closely with plant manager and other team members in developing cleaning, processing, shipping and inventory schedules
- Supervises the checking of merchandise received for quality and quantity
- Assists the Plant Manager in the implementing all aspects of human resource management, including performance management (which involves discipline and work assessments), coaching, and making recommendations for hiring and discharging
- Complies and enforces all company policies, Industry regulatory and EH&S standards at all times
- Following all company & Quality Systems policies and procedures
- Lead, manage, and hold team accountable to organizations policies and procedures.
- Achieve desired results in safety by demonstrating personal commitment and leading safety processes to sustain a safe work environment.
- Participate in the implementation of new manufacturing processes, product and systems technology to meet the business objectives.
- Coach and mentor Team Leads.
- Participate, implement and sustain continuous improvement initiatives.
- Monitor the operating cost of the lines and Lead cross functional teams for cost reduction opportunities.
- Lead by example and in alignment with the Core Beliefs and Values.
- Manage and evaluate machine resources to ensure productivity and minimal downtime
- Strive to reduce expenses and increase productivity across all product lines
- Provide motivation, support, and guidance to all employees
- Create schedules for employees to ensure optimum staffing levels
- Develops systems and processes that track and optimize productivity and standards, metrics and performance targets.
- Maintains staff by recruiting, selecting, orienting and training employees; developing personal growth opportunities.
- Schedule and direct maintenance needs to reduce equipment downtime events
- Work with various departments to manage inventory of all supplies, materials & products
- Manage employee PTO & timecards
- Performs other related duties as required
Required Education and Experience:
- The ideal candidate will have 5-7 years Supervision experience in a Manufacturing environment.
- Team building and mentoring skills and experience required.
- Must have strong oral and written communication skills as well as good interpersonal skills to effectively promote a team focused culture.
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office.
Required Skills and Capabilities:
- Demonstrated strong teamwork skills, with the ability to lead, participate and/or work directly with cross-functional teams and/or individuals.
- The Conditioning Supervisor is a hands-on position responsible to plan, organize, direct and run optimum day-to-day operations through teamwork and clear communication in the conditioning area.
- Work with suppliers to ensure proper raw material quality & quantity and managing the receiving, storage, handling, blending, and loading of pulses; monitoring stored pulses condition; and maintaining and cleaning facilities equipment/area to provide a safe environment for you and fellow workers.
- You will define problem areas and other areas for improvement and implement solutions.
- Train and develop your team for success in their goals and for future opportunities while ensuring compliance with all company/plant policies.
- This position also supports budgeting, planning and utilizing needed human and material resources and will assist the Plant Manager in establishing production goals, labor costs, fixed and variable costs for budgets & site KPI’s.
PURIS offers competitive wages, health, dental and vision insurance upon qualification, as well as a generous PTO package and 401k.
PURIS is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability status, genetics or any other protected class in accordance with all applicable federal, state and local laws.
INTEGRITY | LEADERSHIP | OPENNESS | GLOBAL VISION | ADAPTABILITY | PARTNERSHIP