The purpose of this position is to manage and produce the technical work related to fabrication, repair and installation of lighting for The Lights of Christmas. This includes RGB design and programming. This position will occasionally supervise volunteers and seasonal/hourly staff, as well as work with other professional services as needed to accomplish the priorities of the event. The person in this position shall, at all times, demonstrate cooperative behavior towards colleagues, guests and supervisors. Regular attendance is essential for this position.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Project Management
- Coordinate with The Lights of Christmas Design Team and direct supervisor on project priorities.
- Identify the best way to accomplish projects, present ideas and solutions; and implement approved projects.
- Work productively with other vendors, volunteers, and assigned staff to accomplish projects.
- Fabrication, Construction - Oversee and accomplish, both personally and through volunteers, vendors and assigned staff:
- Annual testing of lights
- Repair of lighted elements
- Creation of new lighted elements including RGB lights.
- Support the Design Team in researching and recommending new technology, products and methods that enhance the overall event.
- Sets and scenes
- As assigned, effectively supervise crews of staff and volunteers assigned to projects or production.
- Carry out all supervisory responsibilities according to the standards and procedures of Warm Beach Camp (WBC) Ministries.
- Strive to create a high-performing team.
- Emphasize safety in all aspects of work.
- Maintain equipment in safe, working order.
- Responsibly care for vehicles assigned for work.
- Conduct work in harmony with WBC Ministries Accident Prevention Plan and best safety practices.
- Maintain storage areas in shop yard in clean and orderly fashion.
- Other duties as assigned.
Periodically supervises up to 10 seasonal/hourly employees and/or volunteers. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems. Appropriately delegates responsibilities to others such that they can achieve their potential en route to accomplishing the goals of the ministry.
Warm Beach Camp Ministries exists to share the hope and love of Christ through camping ministries and experiences in the Pacific Northwest.
At Warm Beach Christian Camps and Conference Center, we exist to provide
Christ-centered environments, experiences and resources to draw people to God through camping ministries, conferences and events.
This is a year round, Full-Time position.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Has a sincere love for the Lord and a commitment to the Lordship of Christ in every area of life.
- Willingly supports the philosophy and goals of WBC Ministries in attitude, speech and action.
- Possesses strong problem-solving skills.
- Has an understanding of electrical systems, wiring and basic lighting technology.
- Has the ability to fabricate with metal and wood, following designs or drawings.
- Is a self-starter and follows through with excellent attention to detail.
- Has a strong desire to learn, improve, and help the overall event to excel.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
One year certificate from college or technical school; or three to six months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Must have demonstrated trade skill ability and experience.
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to convey plans and procedures to others, communicate technical information, and give detailed instruction.
Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference, and fundamentals of plane and solid geometry and trigonometry. Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
Current Driver's License, First aid and CPR Certifications. Preferred: Forklift training, welding certification.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to sit and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 75 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is frequently exposed to outside weather conditions. The employee is occasionally exposed to high, precarious places; fumes or airborne particles; toxic or caustic chemicals and risk of electrical shock. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.