Franklin Madison is looking for an established leader in the print industry to join our team! The Direct Marketing Print Strategist is charged with the responsibility of effectively managing the relationships with our print partners while ensuring those partners meet Franklin Madison’s overall direct marketing print needs. This role will work closely with our Sales and Agency teams and our Marketing Strategy teams to understand print opportunities and present competitive solutions to support the implementation of direct marketing strategies.
- Build effective relationships with the right print partners to meet the strategic and production needs of Franklin Madison’s clients.
- Actively maintain and continually develop knowledge of new products, industry trends, and standards including direct mail equipment, processes and production costs; develop & provide regular updates to the FM internal teams for effective growth of the business.
- Establish and manage goals that result in strong client satisfaction, align with company strategy and optimize costs and print partner relations.
- Monitor pipeline activity to forecast immediate and long-term needs.
- Skillfully negotiate to obtain competitive contracts and print quotes with new and existing partners.
- Support Marketing Strategy teams with new creative execution.
- Work closely with Sales, Marketing Strategy and Finance to ensure smooth production and timely delivery of print products.
- Manage and adhere to complex schedules for multiple projects within strict time constraints.
- Collaborate with Finance in respect to forecasting, reporting and periodic cost reviews.
- Develop and implement target initiatives to reduce print costs.
- Identify and solve issues relating to production timelines, quality, or cost.
- Conduct productive business meetings with clients to uncover areas of improvement.
- Build and maintain our print library for sales & client teams to effectively present and gain commitment on various print solutions
Experience, education, and skills essential for success in this role include:
- 5+ years of experience in Print procurement and supply management
- In-depth knowledge of sourcing and procurement principles and best practices.
- Keen awareness of external economic/market landscape relative to the Print industry.
- Comprehensive understanding and experience of managing, coordinating, and negotiating various sized print deliverables.
- Knowledge of pre-press, paper materials, printing, lettershop, and current USPS postal regulations.
- Strong leadership & communication skills, with the ability to be persuasive and influence at all levels of management through clear, informed, and logical discussions/presentations.
- Astute contract negotiator, strong networking and relationship-building skills.
- Working understanding of Finance & Accounting relative to budgeting and cost management.
- Demonstrated ability to multitask under pressure and in a fast-paced environment with fluctuating priorities and deadlines.