Prospect Park Alliance, the non-profit organization that works in partnership with the City of New York to sustain Brooklyn's Backyard (Prospect Park), is in search of an experienced and energetic IT Support Technician to support our IT department on a part-time/temporary basis . Ability to work in a fast-paced environment. This position will assist the IT Director with resolving IT-related problems for employees.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS / KEY JOB OUTCOMES
- Support the implementation of software, hardware, applications and systems
- Google suite/Google Workspace Administration
- Work closely with IT Director to maintain a stable network infrastructure, encompassing routers, servers, firewalls, network switches and wireless access points. Project-manage all upgrades, standardizations and migrations
- Support the roll-out of hardware and desktop solutions, assure network optimization and troubleshoot all technology issues through IT help desk support (including both remote and on-site support to ensure high-quality customer service)
- Respond to requests for technology support and implement timely troubleshooting of technology issues submitted by staff
- Ensure smooth onboarding/off-boarding of employees including equipment, software accounts and security passwords
Performs other job-related duties and functions as assigned
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
- Associate or Bachelor’s Degree in Information Systems, Computer Science, Business Administration or other relevant discipline a plus but not required
- A minimum of 1 - 2 years’ professional experience in information technology field
- Experience working with Google workspace
- Must have an understanding of Cyber security
- Must have technical knowledge of business networking and wireless point to point antenna technology, including but not limited to setting up switches, routers, running network cables, and a good understanding of Wi-Fi technology
- Other combination of equivalent education and experience
- Must have valid driver's license
COMPETENCIES (Knowledge, Skills & Personal Attributes)
- Passion for the Alliance Mission & Core Values: A passion for public parks and environmental conservation combined with a commitment to treating others with respect, appreciating individual differences and embracing the values of diversity, equity and inclusion.
- Ethics & Integrity: Earns the trust and respect of others through a consistent commitment to integrity, honesty and professionalism in all interactions.
- Information Technology Knowledge: Demonstrated technical skills in the following areas: IT operations including network and helpdesk experience, IT Services, VOIP, workstation and server operating systems, network architecture, virtual cloud computing, Wi-Fi technologies, and end user services. Knowledge of office and communication technologies including, G-Suite/ Google Workspace, Zoom, Google Hangout Meet and Microsoft Office Suite. A strong commitment to quality and staying up to date on emerging trends, best practices and innovation in the field.
- Analysis & Reasoning: Skilled at analyzing a broad range of data to grasp issues, draw conclusions, solve problems and drive results.
- Planning, Organizing & Problem-Solving: Able to manage multiple projects effectively. Defines tasks and milestones to achieve objectives and ensures the optimal use of resources to effectively solve problems and accomplish work objectives. Alerts others to possible problems in a timely fashion and knows when to seek support and direction from others to solve problems, while offering possible solutions. Acts on solutions selected and decisions made.
- Communication Skills: Superior written and oral communication skills, including the ability to convey technical information in a clear, culturally competent and understandable manner. Demonstrates effective listening skills and openness to other people’s ideas and suggestions.
- Decision-Making & Judgment: Integrates broad knowledge of information sources, garners insight from abstract data that can be used to assess problems and exercises sound judgement to make decisions. Thoroughly analyzes impact of possible solutions and decisions and shares probable impacts based on experience. Is proactive in deciding best course of action, anticipating likely outcomes or implications.
- Organization & Accountability: Well-organized with diligent attention to detail, ability to set priorities, meet deadlines and takes pride in consistently producing accurate, timely and quality work products with minimal supervision.
- Collaboration & Teamwork: Committed to working in collaboration with others, promoting cooperation and commitment to others and being a positive team contributor.
WORKING CONDITIONS & PHYSICAL DEMANDS
- Work is performed both in an interior office setting which does not subject the employee to any hazardous or unusual elements and in the field, which involves some exposure to moderate risk of accident/injury and requires following basic safety precautions
- Requires stooping, bending, kneeling, crouching, lifting, pushing, pulling and/or crawling and use of a desktop, laptop, tablets/phones or use of audio/video equipment
- Requires moderate physical exertion - lifting, pushing, and carrying, etc. up to 25 lbs.
- Requires communicating information with co-workers, stakeholders and/or the public; reading correspondence, instructions and/or technical documents; writing correspondence and/or reports and filling in forms
Diversity Makes Us Stronger Together: Prospect Park Alliance serves park users of all socio-economic and cultural backgrounds and strives to reflect this diversity throughout our operations and in our leadership, staff, stakeholders and supporters. We know that by creating an equitable and inclusive workplace built on mutual respect and the appreciation of difference, our employees will feel safe to express themselves, voice their opinions and work together to find common ground and solutions. Integral to this vision is our longstanding commitment to provide equal employment opportunity for all employees and applicants for employment.