The Content Manager is responsible for managing the day-to-day content creation and publication across a portfolio of client channels. This role works cross-functionally with Copywriters, Content Strategists, and Performance Marketing Specialists to ensure social media content is published and amplified according to the editorial calendar. The ideal candidate is fluent across social platforms, is an organizational wiz, and thrives in the details.
This role sits on the Content Team and reports into the Senior Content Strategist in the Washington, DC office.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Manage the deployment of content across channels, including Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, Pinterest, and TikTok. This includes scheduling of approved content, monitoring, and cross-checking published content.
- Create compelling and on-trend video content designed to live on TikTok or Reels.
- Cultivate a community through proactive management of social media channels by regularly monitoring, responding, and engaging with our audience.
- Work with Performance Marketing Specialists to support content with paid campaigns designed to drive awareness and engagement to key target audiences. This includes deploying, monitoring, and reporting on the success of a campaign.
- Support reporting efforts by leveraging Google Data Studio to develop an insights-based approach on a monthly or quarterly basis.
- Communicate schedules to leadership and clients on a regular basis for review and approval.
- Research and share industry trends related to social media marketing.
- Bachelor’s degree with a concentration in marketing, business administration, English, or communications
- 1-2 years of experience in social media marketing, communications, or PR
- Knowledge and understanding of social media platforms and reporting mechanisms
- Interest and experience developing TikTok and Reel content either personally or professionally
- Familiarity with Falcon.io, SproutSocial, and Khorus a plus
- Strong writing skills, solid organizational skills, and the ability to analyze, evaluate, and effectively communicate results
- Exceptional attention to detail, time management and multi-tasking skills with the ability to prioritize and proactively communicate about deadlines