Brandify is an industry-leading provider of location-based digital marketing solutions that helps brands connect to their customers. Brandify does this by capturing data as well as providing strategy and customized solutions to help brands maximize their online presence and drive customers to their locations.
This DBA / DBE serves as the primary leader of client database stability, scale, automation, reliability, security and more. Our business runs on data, and your job is to make it run better and faster while protecting client data and products.
- 5-6 years of experience in relational database physical and logical design, and development in SQL PostgresSQL and related database architectures.
- Maintain top quality technical skills in a broad range of DBMSs, technology, and techniques
- Ability to become the expert on a specific domain of technology and provide technical consultation to others
- Vast knowledge of PostgresSQL subsystems and internals
- Deep experience in developing high volume, scalable, data-intensive systems
- Highly skilled in SQL performance tuning and real time troubleshooting
- Entrenched skill in designing and developing highly optimized database code
- Solid understanding of DBMS hardware, including RAM, CPU, Permanent Storage, I/O, and other capacity related resources
- Ability to create or review architecture and specification documents ensuring database security, integrity, and performance
- Possess the ability to learn how applications work by analyzing schema, querying data, and reviewing SQL
- Excellent visual, written, and verbal communications with the ability to intuitively put ideas into tangible form
- Demonstrated ability in moving a software product through the full development lifecycle
- Working knowledge in building Business Intelligence services
- Knowledge of designing, building, and maintaining database clusters, business continuity, and recovery architecture and processes
- Passion for innovation and for tech
- Experience with Perl and Python is preferred.
- Originate innovative solutions to complex technical problems
- Create technically superior designs that meet requirements while accommodating future needs without sacrificing ease of implementation
- Create designs balanced in pragmatism and elegance
- Show commitment to the seriousness of your work, and discretion when dealing with problems
- Develop and maintain infrastructure the security strategy
- Work alongside the software engineering team to improve the quality of the database systems and their code & systems
- Act as lead for complex problem resolution
- Identify and create effective data management standards and procedures
- Ensure that system design complies with policies, standards, and principals
- Identify and recommend solutions for opportunities for system improvement through internal processes, procedures, and new technologies
- Highly responsive engagement for 24 x 7 support during and outside of common work schedules, in collaboration with other team members.
- Fulfill ad hoc query and report requests from other departments
Compensation In addition to competitive compensation Brandify offers full benefits!
- Dental, Vision and Health Insurance Benefits
- Paid Company Life Insurance
- Generous Parental Leave
- Education Reimbursement
- Remote Work Program
- 3 Weeks Vacation
- Paid Volunteer Day
- Casual Dress
- Company Outings
- Happy hours
- Job Training and Conferences
- AND SO MUCH MORE!
We are committed to the excellence of our team and will continue to foster growth by treating our employees oh so well!
- It is the policy of Brandify to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, Brandify will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities.Brandify’s programs are designed to comply with all applicable federal, state and local laws, directives and regulations and cover all human resource actions including employment, compensation, benefits, training, education, promotions and social/recreational programs. Brandify's CEO and senior leadership team have the responsibility to monitor progress, reinforce policies and hold the organization accountable to meet its objectives.