Connect for Health has a great opportunity for a Full Stack Developer.
Connect for Health Colorado is a public, non-profit entity established by the Colorado General Assembly in 2011 to create a health insurance Marketplace. Since 2013, we’ve been helping individuals, families and small employers compare plans, apply for financial help and buy health insurance. As Colorado’s official health insurance marketplace, we are the only place to apply for financial help to lower the monthly cost of premiums. Customers can shop online; get help by phone or online chat from Customer Service Center representatives; and access expert help from a statewide network of certified Brokers and community-based Assisters. Our mission is to increase access, affordability, and choice for individuals and small employers purchasing health insurance in Colorado. For more information: ConnectforHealthCO.com
- Troubleshoot and deliver application maintenance and enhancements based on requirements of product team.
- Identify and develop solutions to address technical debt.
- Evaluate user requirements, write specifications, and design technical solutions.
- Progress or modify new/existing software applications programs of moderate complexity and scope in an Agile/Scrum development environment.
- Design, develop, test, debug, implement, and author documentation for both new and existing systems.
- Audit the accuracy and relevance of documentation.
- Take ownership of assigned tasks and complete work on time.
- Keep up to date with industry trends and technology developments.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Business Administration, Mathematics or a directly related field and/or equivalent years of work experience.
- 3+ years of experience in application and software systems development.
- SQL skills (SQL Developer experience a plus), familiarity with Stored Procedures, and data analysis and quantitative skills required.
- Experience in full stack development using Angular/React, SQL, and Java required.
- Knowledge of information technology and data processing must be sufficient to be able to review program specifications, design programs, and write or modify code.
- Experience with MicroServices/Modularity deployment and architecture preferred.
- Experience with cloud-based architecture preferred.
- Experience with developing solutions that take advantage of AWS/Cloud platforms preferred.
- Experience working with Agile teams preferred.
- DevSecOps preferred.
- Experience with writing applications in a Containerized architecture. i.e., Docker based applications preferred.
- Experience with architecting and developing applications that support zero downtime deployments preferred.
- Familiarity with health care and/or insurance industries preferred.
- Be able to give and receive constructive feedback.
- Be willing and able to help others who need it.
- Be motivated to accept and learn from the guidance of more experienced developers.
- Currently working remotely
- The Connect for Health Colorado office is in the North Tech Center area of Denver, near the intersection of I-25 and I-225
- Work schedule may include some non-traditional hours, weekends, and evening events.
- Core office hours, typically 8am-5pm with some flexibility
Connect for Health Colorado offers a competitive benefits package. Using Connect for Health Colorado’s annual benefits allowance, employees may elect from various benefit offerings and tailor a package to best suit their individual needs. Connect for Health Colorado employees are eligible to participate in the organization’s 403(b) plan and are additionally provided with paid time off, short- and long-term disability and life insurance. The salary range for this position is: $84,900 - $115,000
To Apply: Please apply on our Career page at http://bit.ly/C4hcoHiring
Connect for Health Colorado is an equal opportunity employer (EOE). Connect for Health Colorado may, at its discretion, conduct a background check on any workforce member and/or require job candidates to successfully complete a background check as a condition of employment.